3-Step-Calibration of 3D Vision Measurement System Based-on Structured Light
Rui-Yin Tang*1, Zhou-Mo Zeng*2, Chang-Ku Sun*2,
and Peng Wang*2
*1College of Electrical Engineering, Hebei United University, 46 Xinhua Road, Tangshan, 063009, China
*2State Key Laboratory of Precision Measuring Technology and Instruments, Tianjin University, 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, 300072, P.R.China
In structured light 3D vision measurement system, calibration tasks are key steps. Aiming at a special application of line structured light measurement, namely computer hard-disk surface planeness measurement at a precision equipment manufacturing company in Singapore, and combining with the structured light measurement model, determined three calibration tasks of the system. The three calibrating tasks concluded: calibrating the camera parameters; calibrating the light plane pose and calibrating the movement pose. At the same time, according to the three calibration results, measured the computer hard disk, and reconstructed the 3D model of the computer hard disk. The experimental results show that, the whole system of three calibration process is simple and reliable, the method does not need any auxiliary adjustment and realize the measurement accuracy about 0.023 mm. The work laid the better foundation for hard disk planeness vision measurement.
and Peng Wang, “3-Step-Calibration of 3D Vision Measurement System Based-on Structured Light,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.8, No.3, pp. 484-489, 2014.
-  G. Sansoni, S. Lazzari, S. Peli, and F. Docchio, IEEE Proc. of Int. Conf. on Recent Advances in 3-D Digital and Modeling 19, 1997.
-  Z. Liu, G. Zhang, Z. Wei, and J. Jiang, Acta Opt. Sin., 29, 3124, 2009. (in Chinese)
-  R.-Y. Tang, Z.-M. Zeng, H.-K. He, and Z.-K. Chen, “Planeness Measurement of Computer Hard-disk Surface Based on Opto-Mechatronics Technology,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 171-175, Mar. 2013.
-  G.-J. Zhang, “Vision measurement[M],” Science Press, 2008.
-  C. Steger and M. Ulrich, “Machine Vision Algorithms and Application[M],” Tsinghua University Press, 2008.
-  A. Daffertshofer, C. J. C. Lamotha, and O. G. Meijer, et al., “PCA in studying coordination and variability: a tutorial,” Clinical Biomechanics, Vol.19, Issue 4, pp. 415-428, 2004.
-  HW. Schreier, D. Garcia, and MA. Sutton, “Advances in light microscope stereo vision,” Experimental Mechanics, Vol.44, Issue 3, pp. 278-288, 2004.
-  R. Klette, K. Schluns, and A. Koschan, “Computer Vision Three-Dimensional Data from Images,” Springer-Verlag Singapore Pte.Ltd., 1998.
-  L. Bin, S. Changku, and Z. Xiaodong, et al., “3D Laser Measurement Technique of Solder Paste,” Proc. of SPIE, the Int. Society for Optical Engineering, Vol.6623, 0Z-1-0Z-7, 2008.
-  S. Changku and Y. Qiang, “Online machine vision method for measuring the diameter and straightness of seamless steel pipes,” Optical Engineering, Vol.40, No.11, pp. 2565-2571, 2001.
-  M. Sugiyama, H. Ogawa, and K. Kitagawa, et al., “Single-shot surface profiling by local model fitting,” Applied Optics, Vol.45, Issue 31, pp. 7991-8005, 2006.
-  C. H. Tung, C. H. Huang, and C. F. Kao, et al., “Fast surface profiling using monochromatic phase and fringe order in white-light interferometry,” Proc. of SPIE, the Int. Society for Optical Engineering, 6292, 1F.1-1F.9, 2006.
-  R. Dewar, “Self-generated targets for spatial calibration of structured light optical sectioning sensors with respect to an external coordinate system,” Robots and Vision���88 Conf. Proc., pp. 5-13, 1988.
-  K.W. James, “Noncontact machine vision metrology within a CAD coordinate system,” Autofact���88 Conf. Proc., pp. 9-17, 1988.
-  C. H. Chen and A. C. Kak, “Modeling and calibration of a structured light scanner for 3D robot vision,” Robotics and Automation, pp. 807-815, 1987.
-  I. D. Reid, “Projective calibration of a laser-strip range finder,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.14, pp. 659-666, 1996.
-  D. Fajie, L. Fengmei, and Y. Shenghua, “A new accurate method for the calibration of line structured light sensor
- [J],” Chinese J. Science and Instrument, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 108-113, 2000.
-  X. Guangyou, L. Lifeng, and Z. Jianchao, “A new threedimensional vision system calibration method based on structured light,” Chinese J. of Computers, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 450-456, 1995.
-  D. Q. Huynh, “Calibration a structured light stripe system,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.33, Issue 1, pp. 73-86, 1999.
-  G. Zhang, Z. Wei, and X. Li, “3D Double-vision inspection based on structured light,” J. of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 125, 617-623, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.