Fingertip Force Displaying Device Using Pneumatic Negative Pressure
Masahiro Takaiwa*, Toshiro Noritsugu**, Daisuke Sasaki*,
and Takahiro Nogami*
*Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushimanaka, Kitaku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
**Tsuyama National College of Technology, 624-1 Numa, Tsuyama 700-8509, Japan
In this study, a fingertip force display device that uses negative pressure is developed. The device can control the resisting force against a finger’s motion by regulating the negative pressure in an air chamber processed in the device. Information about the position of a finger is obtained with a Web camera using AR-Toolkit library, and the resisting force is controlled based on the fingertip position (velocity), which shows the capability of the VR-oriented application and mechanical impedance task. The effectiveness of the proposed system is verified through experiments.
and Takahiro Nogami, “Fingertip Force Displaying Device Using Pneumatic Negative Pressure,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.8, No.2, pp. 208-215, 2014.
-  K. Amemiya and Y. Tanaka, “Portable tactile feedback interface using air jet,” Proc. of the 9th int. conf. on artificial reality and telexistence, pp. 115-122, 1999.
-  N. Tanaka, M. Higashimori, M. Kaneko, and I. Kao, “Noncontact active sensing for viscoelastic parameters of tissue with coupling effect,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Eng., Vol.58, No.3, pp. 509-520, 2011.
-  C. Harrison and Hudson, “Providing Dynamically Changeable Physical Buttons on a Visual Display,” Proc. of the 27th Annual SIGCHI Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2009.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Development of pneumatic human interface and its compliance display,” J. of robotics and mechatronics, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 472-478, 2001.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Position control of pneumatic parallel manipulator,” Int. J. of automation technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 49-55, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.