Prototype Development of a Parallel-Link Robot Actuated by Pneumatic Linear Drives with Variable Inclination Mechanisms
Takahiro Kosaki*, Yoshihiro Morinaga*, and Manabu Sano**
*Faculty of Information Sciences, Hiroshima City University, 3-4-1 Ozuka-higashi, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima 731-3194, Japan
**Faculty of Informatics, Osaka Gakuin University, 2-36-1 Kishibe-Minami, Suita-shi, Osaka 564-8511, Japan
-  J.-P. Merlet, “Parallel robots,” Springer, 2006.
-  T. Oiwa, “Precision Mechanisms Based on Parallel Kinematics,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 326-337, 2010.
-  D. Stewart, “A platform with Six Degrees of Freedom,” Proc. Inst. Mechanical Engineers, Vol.180, No.15, pp. 371-386, 1965.
-  T. Masuda, M. Fujiwara, N. Kato, and T. Arai, “Mechanism configuration evaluation of a linear-actuated parallel mechanism using manipulability,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 489-495, 2002.
-  Z. Yongsheng, D. Yanbin, L. Shunpan, D. Yuchao, and Z. Daxing, “System debugging and experimental analysis of the 6-PUS/UPU parallel manipulator,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Computer, Mechatronics, Control and Electronic Engineering, Vol.2, pp. 376-381, 2010.
-  F. Patane, S. Rossi, and P. Cappa, “Experimental validation of an impedance controlled parallel robot for postural rehabilitation,” Proc. of the 4th IEEE RAS&EMBS Int. Conf. on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, pp. 1077-1080, 2012.
-  F.Wu, L.Wang,W. Rong, and L. Sun, “Dynamic Dimensional Synthesis of a Precision 6-DOF Parallel Manipulator,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 831-836, 2012.
-  H. Ota, T. Shibukawa, and T. Tooyama, “Study of Kinematic Calibration Method for Parallel Mechanism – Kinematic Calibration Using Inverse Kinematics –,” J. Japan. Soc. Prec. Eng., Vol.66, No.6, pp. 950-954, 2000.
-  Y. Shiga, Y. Tanaka, H. Goto, and H. Takeda, “Design of a Six Degree-of-Freedom Tripod Parallel Mechanism for Flight Simulators,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.5, pp. 715-721, 2011.
-  P. Beater, “Pneumatic drives,” Springer, 2007.
-  Y. Hitaka, Y. Tanaka, Y. Tanaka, J. Ishii, and Y. Yaobao, “Development of pneumatic parallel force feedback,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 380-387, 2010.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Positioning Control of Pneumatic Parallel Manipulator,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 49-55, 2008.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Wrist rehabilitation equipment using pneumatic parallel manipulator,” World Automation Congress, pp. 1-6, 2010.
-  T. Arai, K. Takayama, K. Inoue, Y. Mae, and Y. Koseki, “Parallel Mechanisms with Adjustable Link Parameters,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 671-676, 2000.
-  W. Tanaka, T. Arai, K. Inoue, T. Takubo, and Y. Mae, “Workspace analysis of parallel mechanism with adjustable link parameters,” Proc. of the 12th Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics, pp. 202-207, 2005.
-  Y. Takeda, X. Xiao, K. Hirose, Y. Yoshida, and K. Ichiryu, “Kinematic analysis and design of 3-RPSR parallel mechanism with triple revolute joints on the base,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 346-354, 2010.
-  T. Masuda, M. Fujiwara, and T. Arai, “Specific kinematic changes in a linear-actuated parallel mechanism according to differences in actuator arrangement,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 510-515, 2000.
-  T. Kosaki and M. Sano, “An Observer-Based Friction Compensation Technique for Positioning Control of a Pneumatic Servo System,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 37-46, 2009.
-  T. Kosaki and M. Sano, “Design of a Pressure Observer and Its Application to a Low-Cost Pneumatic Control System,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 493-501, 2011.
-  M. Takaiwa and T. Noritsugu, “Development of Pneumatic Human Interface and its Application to Compliance Display,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 472-478, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.