System Identification Method for Non-Invasive Ultrasound Theragnostic System Incorporating Mechanical Oscillation Part
Norihiro Koizumi*, Kouhei Oota*, Dongjun Lee*,
Hiroyuki Tsukihara**, Akira Nomiya**, Kiyoshi Yoshinaka***,
Takashi Azuma*, Naohiko Sugita*, Yukio Homma**,
Yoichiro Matsumoto*, and Mamoru Mitsuishi*
*School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
***National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-2-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8564, Japan
-  J. E. Kennedy, et al., “High-intensity focused ultrasound: surgery of the future?,” in British Journal of Radiology, Vol.76, pp. 590-599, 2003.
-  J. G. Lynn, R. L. Zwemer, A. J. Chick, and A. E. Miller, “A new method for the generation and use of focused ultrasound in experimental biology,” in J. Gen. Physiol., Vol.26, pp. 179-193, 1942.
-  T. Ikeda, S. Yoshizawa, M. Tosaki, J. S. Allen, S. Takagi, N. Ohta, T. Kitamura, and Y. Matsumoto, “Cloud Cavitation Control for Lithotripsy Using High Intensity Focused Ultrasound,” in Ultrasound Med Biol, Vol.32, No.9, pp. 1383-1397, 2006.
-  F. Wu, Z. L. Wang, Z. Zhang, et al., “Acute biological effects of high-intensity focused ultrasound on H22 liver tumours in vivo,” in Chin. Ultrasound Med., Vol.13, No.3, 1997.
-  G. Tu, T. Y. Qiao, and S. He, “An experimental study on highintensity focused ultrasound in the treatment of VX-2 rabbit kidney tumours,” in Chin. J. Urol., Vol.20, No.8, 1999.
-  F. Wu, W. Z. Chen, J. Bai, J. Z. Zou, Z. L. Wang, H. Zhu, and Z. B. Wang, “Pathological changes in malignant carcinoma treated with high-intensity focused ultrasound,” in Ultrasound Med. Biol. Vol.27, No.8, pp. 1099-1106, 2001.
-  J. E. Kennedy, et al., “High-intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of liver tumours,” in Ultrasound Med. Biol. Vol.42, pp. 931-935, 2004.
-  N. Koizumi, J. Seo, T. Funamoto, A. Nomiya, A. Ishikawa, K. Yoshinaka, N. Sugita, Y. Homma, Y. Matsumoto, and M. Mitsuishi, “Technologizing and Digitalizing Medical Professional Skills for a Non-Invasive Ultrasound Theragnostic System,” in Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.2, pp. 379-388, 2012.
-  F. Pene, E. Courtine, A. Cariou, and, J.P. Mira, “Toward theranostics,” in Crit Care Med, Vol.37, pp. S50-S58, 2009.
-  N. Koizumi, H. Tsukihara, S. Takamoto, H. Hashizume, and M. Mitsuishi, “Robot vision technology for technologizing and digitalization of medical diagnostic and therapeutic skills,” in International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.5, pp. 541-550, 2009.
-  K. Yano, E. Ohara, S. Horihata, T. Aoki, and Y.Nishimoto, “Development of tremor suppression control system using adaptive filter and its application to meal-assist robot,” SICE Journal of Control, Measurement, and System Integration, Vol.45, No.12, pp. 638-645, 2009.
-  C. N. Riviere, Wei-Tech. Ang, and P. K. Khosla, “Filtering involuntary motion of people with tremor disability using optimal equalization,” in IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 793-800, 2003.
-  S. Pledgie, K. E. Barner, S. K. Agrawal, and T. Rahman, “Tremor suppression through impedance control,” in IEEE Trans on Rehabilitation and Engineering, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 53-59, 2000.
-  J. G. Gonzalez, E. A. Heredia, T. Rahman, K. E. Barner, and G. R. Arce, “Filtering involuntary motion of people with tremor disability using optimal equalization,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. On Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 2402-2407, 1995.
-  N. Koizumi, K. Oota, A. Nomiya, H. Tsukihara, K. Yoshinaka, T. Azuma, N. Sugita, Y. Homma, Y. Matsumoto, and M. Mitsuishi, “Mechanical System Identification Method for Non-Invasive Ultrasound Theragnostic System,” in Procedia CIRP – First CIRP Conference on BioManufacturing (BioM2013) –, Mamoru Mitsuishi and Paolo Bartolo (Eds), Vol.5, pp. 315-320, 2013.
-  M. Pernot et al., “3-D Real-Time Motion Correction in High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Therapy,” Ultrasound in Med. Biol., Vol.30, No.9, pp. 1239-1249, 2004.
-  P. Abolmaesumi, S. E. Salcudean, W. H. Zhu, M. Sirouspour, and S. DiMaio, “Image-guided control of a robot for medical ultrasound,” in IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.18, pp. 11-23, 2002.
-  A. Krupa, G. Fichtinger, and G. Hager, “Real-time motion stabilization with B-mode ultrasound image speckle information and visual servoing,” in International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.28, pp. 1334-1354, 2009.
-  D. Cordes, V. M. Haughton, K. Arfanakis, J. D. Carew, P. A. Turski, C. H. Moritz, M. A. Quigley, and M. E. Meyerand, “Frequencies contributing to functional connectivity in the cerebral cortex in “resting-state” data,” in Am. J. Neuroradiol., Vol.22, No.7, pp. 1326-1333, 2001.
-  J. A. McAteer, J. C. Williams, A. P. Evan, R. O. Cleveland, J. V. Cauwelaert, M. R. Bailey, and D. A. Lifshitz, “Ultracal-30 gypsum artificial stones for research on the mechanisms of stone breakage in shock wave lithotripsy,” in Urol Res, Vol.33, pp. 429-434, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.