Mirror Surface Finishing of Silicon Wafer Edge Using Ultrasonic Assisted Fixed-Abrasive CMP (UF-CMP)
Yongbo Wu*, Weiping Yang**, Masakazu Fujimoto*,
and Libo Zhou***
*Department of Machine Intelligence and Systems Engineering, Akita Prefectural University, 84-4 Tsuchiya-ebinokuchi, Yurihonjo, Akita 015-0055, Japan
**Jiangxi Agricultural University, Economic Development District, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330045, China
***Ibaraki University, 4-12-1 Nakanarusawa, Hitachi, Ibaraki 316-8511, Japan
-  Electric Journal Co., Ltd., “Semiconductor Fab/Equipment/Facilities,” Tokyo. 2004.
-  M. Narusawa, “Frontier of wafer edge evaluation and polishing,” Electric J., Vol.2, pp. 84-86, 2006.
-  W. Yang, et al., “A new approach to silicon wafer edge treatment by Ultrasonically Assisted Polishing (UAP),” Int. J. Materials and Product Technology, Vol.31, Nos.2/3/4, pp. 159-175, 2008.
-  Y. Wu and W. Yang, “Fundamental investigation of silicon wafer edge treatment by ultrasonically assisted polishing (UAP),” Int. J. Materials and Product Technology, Vol.40, Nos.3/4, pp. 264-276, 2011.
-  A. R. Jones and J. B. Hull, “’Ultrasonic flow polishing,” Ultrasonics, Vol.36, pp. 97-101, 1998.
-  J. Deng and T. Lee, “Effect of ultrasonic surface finishing on the strength and thermal shock behavior of the EDMed ceramic composite,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.42, pp. 245-250, 2002.
-  H. Hocheng and K. L. Kuo, “Fundamental study of ultrasonic polishing of mold steel,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.42, pp. 7-13, 2002.
-  L. Zhou, et al., “Research on chemo mechanical grinding (CMG) of Si wafer (1st report),” J. of Japanese Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.68, No.12, pp. 1559-1563, 2002.
-  L. Zhou, et al., “Development of chemo mechanical grinding (CMG) process,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on LEM21, pp. 315-320, 2003.
-  Y. B. Tian, et al., “Elimination of surface scratch/texture on the surface of single crystal Si substrate in chemo-mechanical grinding (CMG) process,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.255, pp. 4205-4211, 2009.
-  S. Kamiya, et al., “Study on reaction mechanism of Si and pure CeO2 for chemical-mechanical-grinding process,” Proc. of the 1st Int. Conf. on Nano-manufacturing (nanoMan’2008), 2008.
-  L. Zhou, et al., “Defect-free fabrication for single crystal silicon substrate by chemo-mechanical grinding,” Annals of the CIRP 2006 – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.15, pp. 313-316, 2006.
-  H. Huang, et al., “Characteristics of silicon substrates fabricated using nanogrinding and chemo-mechanical grinding,” Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol.479, pp. 373-379, 2008.
-  Y. Wu, et al., “Performance improvement of chemo-mechanical grinding in single crystal silicon machining by the assistance of elliptical ultrasonic vibration,” Int. J. Abrasive Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 117-131, 2011.
-  T. Hoshino, et al., “Mechanism of polishing of SiO2 films by CeO2 particles,” J. Non-Crystalline Solids, Vol.283, pp. 129-136, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.