Study on the Mechanical Properties of Lithium Tantalate and the Influence on its Machinability
Wei Hang*, Libo Zhou**, Jun Shimizu**,
Julong Yuan***, and Takeyuki Yamamoto**
*Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ibaraki University, 4-12-1 Nakanarusawa, Hitachi, Ibaraki 316-8511, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Ibaraki University, 4-12-1 Nakanarusawa, Hitachi, Ibaraki 316-8511, Japan
***Key Laboratory E&M, Zhejiang University of Technology, ChaoWang Road No.18, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, 310000, China
-  Y. L. Shi, C. Zhang, and H. Zhang, et. al. “Low (sub-1-volt) halfwave voltage polymeric electro-optic modulators achieved by controlling chromophore shape,” Science, Vol.288, pp. 119-122, 2000.
-  S. G. Porter, “A brief guide to pyroelectric detectors,” Ferroelectrics, Vol.33, Issue 1, pp. 193-206, 1981.
-  W. B. Spillman, Jr. N. A. Sanford, and R. A. Soref, “Optical waveguides in LiTaO3 formed by proton exchange,” Optics Letters, Vol.8, Issue 9, pp. 497-498, 1983.
-  Y. Saito and H. Takao, “High Performance Lead-free Piezoelectric Ceramics in the (K,Na)NbO3-LiTaO3 Solid Solution System,” Optics Letters, Vol.338, Issue 1, pp. 17-32, 2006.
-  K. Länge, B. E. Rapp, andM. Rapp, “Surface acoustic wave biosensors: a review,” Anal Bioanal Chem, Vol.391, pp. 1509-1519, 2008.
-  Y. Q. Wu, H. Huang, J. Zou, and J. M. Dell, “Nanoscratch-induced deformation of single crystal silicon,” J. Vac. Sci. and Tech., Vol.27, Issue 3, pp. 1374-1378, 2009.
-  H. K. Tönshoff, W. V. Schmieden, I. Inasaki, et al., “Abrasive machining of silicon,” CIRP Ann., Vol.39, Issue 2, pp. 621-635, 1990.
-  L. Zhou, B. S. Hosseini, J. Shimizu, T. Tsuruga, et al., “Fabrication and evaluation for extremely thin Si wafer,” Int.. J. Abra. Tech., Vol.1, Issue 1, pp. 94-105, 2007.
-  S. Malkin and T. W. Hwang, “Grinding mechanisms for ceramics,” CIRP Ann., Vol.45, Issue 2, pp. 569-580, 1996.
-  L. Zhou, T. Shiina, Z. Qiu, J. Shimizu, et. al., “Research on chemomechanical grinding of large size quartz glass substrate,” Precision Engg., Vol.33, pp. 499-504, 2009.
-  T. G. Bifano, T. A. Dow, and R. O. Scattergood, “Ductle-regie grinding: A new technology for machining brittle materials,” ASME J. Eng’g for Industry, Vol.113, No.2, pp. 184-189, 1991.
-  M. F. Doerner and W. D. Nix, “A method for interpreting the data from depth-sensing indentation instruments,” J. Mater. Res., Vol.1, Issue 4, pp. 601-609, 1986.
-  D. L. Joslin and W. C. Oliver, “A new method for analyzing data from continuous depth-sensing microindentation tests,” J. Mater. Res., Vol.5, Issue 1, pp. 123-126, 1990.
-  I. N. Sneddon, “The relation between load and penetration in the axisymmetric boussinesq problem for a punch of arbitrary profile,” Int’l J. Engg. Sci, Vol.3, Issue 1, pp. 47-57, 1965.
-  W. Hang, L. Zhou, J. Shimizu, and J. Yuan, “A robust procedure of data analysis for micro/nano indentation,” Precision Engg., Vol.37, pp. 408-414, 2013.
-  W. C. Oliver and G. M. Pharr, “An improved technique for determining hardness and elastic modulus,” J. Mater. Res., Vol.7, No.6, pp. 1564-83, 1992.
-  USA Patient: No.P2004-233304A.
-  J. J.Worthman, “Young’s mudulus, shear modulus and poisson’s ratio in silicon and germanium,” J. App. Phy., Vol.36, Issue 1, pp. 153-156, 1965.
-  G. N. Merberg and J. A. Harrington, “Optical and mechanical properties of single-crystal sapphire optical fibers,” Applied Optics, Vol.32, Issue 18, pp. 3201-3209, 1993.
-  H. T. Young, H. T. Liao, and H. Y. Huang, “Novel method to investgate the critical depth of cut of ground silicon wafer,” J. Mater. Process. Tech., Vol.182, pp. 157-162, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.