Machining of Acrylic Resin Using Monocrystalline Diamond Endmill with Cutting Edges Formed by Focused Ion Beam
Tsunehisa Suzuki and Hiroshi Saito
Yamagata Research Institute of Technology, 2-2-1 Matsuei, Yamagata 990-2473, Japan
-  K. Abe “Lapping of diamonds,” J. of the Japan Society of Grinding Engineers, Vol.51, No.4, pp. 202-205, 2007.
-  I. Miyamoto and J. Taniguchi, “Fine machining of diamond utilizing ion and electron beams,” J. of the Japan Society of Grinding Engineers, Vol.46, No.1, pp. 25-28, 2002.
-  I. Miyamoto and N. Taniguchi, “Focused Ion Beam Fabrication of Micro-Mechanical Parts – Machining Characteristics of Polycrystalline Silicon and Computer Simulation of Profile Changes of Patterns,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.39, No.1, pp. 205-208, 1990.
-  Y. N. Picard, D. P. Adams, M. J. Vasile, and M. B. Ritchey, “Focused ion beam-shaped microtools for ultra precision machining of cylindrical component,” Precision Engineering, Vol.27, pp. 59-69, 2003.
-  D. P. Adams, M. J. Vasile, G. Benavides, and A. N. Campbell, “Micromilling of metal alloys with focused ion beam – fabricatedtools,” J. of the Int. Societies for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Vol.25, pp. 107-113, 2001.
-  T. Adachi and T. Kaito, “Focused ion beam machining of diamond, 1st report: Fundamental machining characteristics and attempt at processing a diamond turning tool,” The Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.53, No.6, pp. 362-367, 2009.
-  T. Adachi, T. Kaito, O. Takaoka, and T. Nakaue, “Focused ion beam machining of diamond, 2nd report: Beam diameter measurement method and fabrication of diamond tools for AFM-type machining systeml,” The Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.53, No.6, pp. 368-372, 2009.
-  H. Sasaoka, M. Ooka, and K. Nishimura, “Surface modification of single-crystalline diamond tool with high energy beam working,” The Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 40-43, 2012
-  N. Kawasegi, T. Niwata, N.Morita, K. Nishimura, and Hideki, “Improving machining performance of single-crystal diamond tools irradiated by a focused ion beam,” Precision Engineering. (in Press) [Available online 12 Sep. 2013]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.