Spindle Error Motion Measurement Using Concentric Circle Grating and Phase Modulation Interferometers
Muhummad Madden*, Masato Aketagawa*, Shuhei Uesugi*,
Takuya Kumagai*, and Eiki Okuyama**
*Nagaoka University of Technology, 1603-1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-2188, Japan
**Akita University, 1-1 Tegatagakuenmachi, Akita 010-8502, Japan
-  R. Donaldson, “A simple method for separating spindle error from test ball roundness error,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.21, pp. 125-126, 1972.
-  E. Marsh, J. Couey, and R. Vallance, “Roundness measurement of spherical artifacts at arbitrary latitude,” Precision Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 353-356, 2006.
-  E. Okuyama, N. Nosaka, and J. Aoki, “Radial motion measurement of high-revolution spindle motor,” Measurement, Vol.40, pp. 64-74, 2007.
-  Y. C. Park and S. W. Kim, “Optical measurement of spindle radial motion by Moiré technique of concentric gratings,” Int. J. Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.34, No.7, pp. 1019-1030, 1994.
-  A. Kataoka, M. Nomura, O. Horiuchi, T. Shibata, and Y. Murakami, “A prototype of Radial Encoder,” Proc. of JSPE Annual Spring Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 513-514, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  W. Gao, T. Takahara, and S. Kiyono, “On machine measurement of angular motion of spindle,” Proc. of ASPE Annual Meeting, St. Luis, p. 355, 1998.
-  I. Ogura and Y. Okazaki, “Precision measurement for axial and angular motion errors of turning spindle by using multi point method,” J. of JSPE, Vol.67, pp. 1120-1124, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  E. R. Marsh, “Precision Spindle Metrology,” DEStech Publications, Pennsylvania, pp. 1-13, 2008.
-  W. Gao and A. Kimura, “A Three-axis displacement sensor with nanometric resolution,” Annals. of the CIRP, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 529-532, 2007.
-  A. Kimura, Y. Arai, and W. Gao, “A two-degree-of-freedom linear encoder for measurement of position and straightness,” Proc. of ASPE Annual and ICPE Meeting, Portland, USA, pp. 550-553, 2008.
-  M. Madden, M. Aketagawa, Y. Ohkubo, S. Kimura, H. Maruyama, S. Higuchi, and E. Okuyama, “Proposal of concurrent measurement method for spindle radial, axial and angular motios using concentric grating interferometers,” Int. J. of Surface Science and Engineering, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 242-252, 2009.
-  O. Sasaki and H. Okasaki, “Sinusoidal phase modulating interferometry for surface profile measurment,” Applied Optics, Vol.52, No.18, pp. 3137-3140, 1986.
-  A. Dandridge, A. B. Tveten, and T. G. Giallorenzi, “Homodyne demodulation scheme for fiber optic sensors using phase generated carrier,” IEEE J. of Quantum Electronics, Vol.18, No.10, pp. 1647-1653, 1982.
-  S. Uesugi, M. Madden, T. Kumagai, Y. Maeda, and M. Aketagawa, “Concurrent measurement of radial, axial and angular motions of spindle using concentric circle grating interferometers,” Proc. of JSPE Annual AutumnMeeting, Fukuoka, Japan, pp. 927-928, 2012. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.