Contact-Type Profile Measuring Device Using Laser Interferometry System Incorporating Hybrid Actuating System
Yung-Tien Liu*, Han-Lin Wu*, Je-Yi Wang*,
and Yutaka Yamagata**
*Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering, National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology (FIRST TECH), No.1, University Rd., Yanchao District, Kaohsiung 824, Taiwan, R.O.C.
**Ultra High Precision Fabrication Team, RIKEN, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
This paper proposes a contact-type profile measuring device using a laser interferometry system for precision components. This measuring device consists of an XY-table actuated by linear motors to obtain large operational ranges, an active contact probe driven by piezoelectric actuators to provide a small measuring force, and a specially configured optical path to reduce Abbe’s error. Fundamental experiments were performed to examine the control performance of the active probe, forward and backward motion behaviors of the hybrid actuating system, and contour measurement for an asphericmold. As one example of themeasured results, a maximum form error of 1.45 µm was obtained for an aspheric surface with a measured span of 4 mm and a sag of 37 µm. As a prototype highprecision measuring system, the effectiveness of the optical path and actuating system have been demonstrated. Further studies are suggested to improve the system performance by reducing the measuring force, increasing the measuring speed, and providing a scanning function.
-  http://www.taylor-hobson.com, 2013.
-  http://industrial.panasonic.com/jp/products/product_cat2/ADAH000/ADAH000.html, 2013.
-  K. Yoshizumi, K. Kubo, H. Takeuchi, K. Hanada, and T. Kassai, “Ultrahigh Accurate 3-D Profilometer Using Atomic Force Probe Measure Nanometer,” J. JSPE, Vol.68, No.3, pp. 361-366, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  Y.-T. Liu, H.-C. Lin, Y.-H. Liu, and Y. Yamagata, “Studies on the Static Fundamental Characteristics of 2D Contact-type Highprecision Measuring System,” The Proc. of 2007 Seminar on Mold & Die Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 321-327, 2007. (in Chinese)
-  Y.-T. Liu, C.-L. Wang, and H.-L. Wu, “A 2D contact-type measuring system for profile measurement using laser interferometer,” Laser Metrology and Machine Performance IX, LAMDAMAP 2009, London, UK, Jun. 30-Jul. 2, pp. 295-304, 2009.
-  Y.-T. Liu, H.-L. Wu, and Y. Yamagata, “Design of an active probe for a contact-type measuring device using laser interferometry system,” 10th Int. Symp. on Measurement and Quality Control 2010 (2010 ISMQC), Sep. 5-9, 2010, Osaka, Japan, D5-138-1 5.
-  Y.-T. Liu, J.-Y. Wang, H.-L. Wu, “Development of Contact-type Profile Measuring Device Using Linear Motors and Interferometry System,” The 5th Int. Conf. on Positioning Technology (ICPT 2012), Nov. 14-16, 2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, PSE-1, pp. 177-180.
-  http://olympuscontrols.com/partnumber/copley-controls/CME2, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.