Effect of Carbon Fiber Orientation and Helix Angle on CFRP Cutting Characteristics by End-Milling
Masahiro Hagino* and Takashi Inoue**
*Department of Material and Environmental Engineering, Daido University, 10-3 Takiharu-cho, Minami-ku, Nagoya 457-8530, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Daido University, 10-3 Takiharu-cho, Minami-ku, Nagoya 457-8530, Japan
-  T. Inoue, M. Hagino, M. Matsui, and L. W. Gu., “Cutting Characteristics of CFRP Materials with End Milling,” J. of the Key Engineering Materials, Vol.407-408, pp. 710-713, 2009.
-  Y. Sawada, “New Introduction to Carbon Material 2.2,” Carbon Fiber Society of Japan, pp. 91-98, 1996.
-  S. Yamada, “Metal Matrix Composites,” Kantogakuin University, p. 34, 2006.
-  M. Nogami, “All of The Advanced Materials and New Materials,” Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Ltd., p. 184, 2006.
-  K. Karino, “Cutting processing handbook of difficult cutting materials and new materials,” Kogyo Chosakai Publishing Co., Ltd., pp. 11-15, 2002.
-  K. Sakuma, M. Seto, M. Taniguchi, and Y. Yokoo, “Tool Wear in Cutting Carbon-Fiber-Reinforced-Plastics The Effect of Physical Properties of Tool Materials,” J. of The Japanese Society of Mechanical engineering, Vol.30, No.13, pp. 656-666, 1985.
-  N. Narutaki, “Machining of Titanium Alloy and CFRP, Machine Technology,” Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Ltd., Vol.30, pp. 44-49, 1982.
-  Koplevl, “Cutting of CFRP with Single Edge Tools,” Advanced Composite Materials 2, p. 1597, 1980.
-  T. Kaneeda, M. and Takahashi, “The Effects of Fiber Angle and Tool Rake Angle on Unidirectional CFRP Cutting Mechanism,” Bulletin of the Okayama University of Science, A, Natural Science, Vol.22, pp. 143-153, 1987.
-  T. Kaneeda and M. Takahashi, “CFRP Cutting Mechanism (1st Report) Surface Generation Mechanism at Very Low Cutting Speeds,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.55, pp. 1456-1461, 1989.
-  T. Kaneeda, and M. Takahashi, “CFRP Cutting Mechanism (2nd Report) Analysis of Depth of Reluctant Uncut and Deformed Part,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.56, pp. 1058-1063, 1990.
-  T. Kaneeda, “CFRP Cutting Mechanism (3rd Report) Effects of Tool Edge Roundness and Relief Angle on Cutting Phenomena,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.57, pp. 491-496, 1991.
-  M. Hagino and T. Inoue, “Machinability of CFRP materials with drilling,” Proc. of the Conf. on Tokai Branch General Meeting of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.59, pp. 277-278, 2010.
-  K. Asahina and S. Suzuki, “Characteristics on Trimming of GFRP,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.57, pp. 2187-219, 1991.
-  M. Hagino and T. Inoue, “Cutting Characteristics of highstreamlining with machining of CFRP,” Proc. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering Autumn Conf., p. 179, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.