The Statics Analysis and Verification of 3-DOF Parallel Mechanism Based on Two Methods
Guangda Lu*, Aimei Zhang**, Jing Zhou***,
Shigang Cui*, and Li Zhao*
*Tianjin Key Laboratory of Information Sensing and Intelligent Control, Tianjin University of Technology and Education, Dagunanlu 1310#, Hexi district, Tianjin, 300222, China
**Tianjin ALSTOM Hydro. Co., Lt., Gaofeng Road 2600#, Beichen District, Tianjin, 300000, China
***Hebei University of Technology, Dingziguyihao Road 8#, Hongqiao District, Tianjin, 300130, China
Statics of the 3-RSS/S parallel ankle-rehabilitation robot is analyzed in this paper using two methods, i.e. the component vector method and the principle of virtual work. Static equilibrium equations based on component vector theory were established on a moving platform, and cranks of 3-RSS/S parallel Ankle-rehabilitation Robot, using this method, to obtain mathematical relationships between the external torque of moving platform and the output torque of three cranks. The velocity Jacobian matrix of the robot is calculated firstly using the principle of virtual work method, then the force Jacobian matrix is obtained based on the relationship between velocity Jacobian matrix and force Jacobian matrix. The results of the two methods are verified and found to be consistent by calculation, and the force Jacobian matrix of the robot is the basis of the force feedback control for the Ankle-rehabilitation Robot.
Shigang Cui, and Li Zhao, “The Statics Analysis and Verification of 3-DOF Parallel Mechanism Based on Two Methods,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.7, No.2, pp. 237-244, 2013.
-  X. J. Liu, J. S. Wang, and T. M. Li, “Parallel mechanisms with two or three degrees of freedom,” Tsinghua Science and Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 105-112, 2003.
-  J. Wu, J. S. Wang, and T. M. Li, “Analysis and application of a 2-DOF planar parallel mechanism,” J. ofMechanical Design, Vol.129, No.1, pp. 436-437, 2007.
-  X. Q. Yin, L. Z. Ma, and Q. H. Yang, “Static analysis of the parallel mechanism,” Trans. of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery, Vol.38, No.2, pp. 201-203, 2007.
-  M. Takaiwa, T. Noritsugu, N. Ito, and D. Sasaki, “Wrist Rehabilitation Device Using Pneumatic Parallel Manipulator Based on EMG Signal,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 472-477, 2011.
-  Y. Takeda, X. Xiao, K. Hirose, Y. Yoshida, and K. Ichiryu, “Kinematic Analysis and Design of 3-RPSR Parallel Mechanism with Triple Revolute Joints on the Base,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 346-354, 2010.
-  X.-Z. Han, Y.-M. Huang, C. Chen, L.-X. Zhang, and X.-J. Cai, “The Kinematics and Statics Analysis of a 2-DOF Three Branches Parallel Mechanism,” Proc. of the Seventh Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Kunming, 12-15 July 2008, pp. 2398-2401.
-  Y. M. Huang, X. Z. Han, F. Gao, C. Chen, and X. G. Yang, “Statics Analysis on Planar Moving Parallel Mechanism Based on Boundary Element Method,” ROBOT, Vol.32, No.3, pp. 384-389.
-  H. Zhao, F. Gao, and J. J. Zhang, “Static analysis of a new 5-DOF parallel mechanism,” J. of Machine Design, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 54-57, 2004.
-  Y. L. Zhou, L. Liu, and F. Gao, “Static full-solutions of spherical parallel mechanism 3-RRR with 3-DOF,” Chinese J. of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.44, No.6, pp. 169-176, 2008.
-  H. Zhen, “Theory and control of parallel robotics mechanism,” Beijing, Machinery Industry Press, pp. 385-396, 1997.