Collision Avoidance of a Welding Robot for a Large Structure (Application of Human Experience)
Naoki Asakawa* and Yoshihiro Kanjo**
*Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
**Turumi-Works, JFE Engineering Corp., Suehiro-chou, Turumi-ku, Yokohama-city, Kanagawa-pref, Japan
-  K. Shirase, N. Tanabe, M. Hirao, and T. Yasui, “Articulated robot application in end milling of sculptured surface,” JSME Int. J, Series C, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 308-316, 1996.
-  N. Asakawa, K. Toda, and Y. Takeuchi, “Automation of chamfering by an industrial robot; for the case of hole on free-curved surface,” Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Elsevier Sci., Vol.18, Nos.5-6, pp. 379-385, 2002.
-  T. Nakajima, S. Aoyagi, and M. Takano, “Automation of Personal Computer Disassembling Process Based on RECS,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Machine Automation 2002, pp. 139-146, 2002.
-  H. Tanaka, N. Asakawa, T. Shintani, and M. Hirao, “Development of a Forging Type Rapid Prototyping System; Automation of a Free Forging and Metal Hammering Working,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 523-528, 2005.
-  N. Asakawa, F. Saegusa, and M. Hirao, “Automation of Deburring by a Material-Handling Robot – Generation of a Deburring Path Based on a Characteristic Model –,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 26-32, 2010.
-  Y. Takeuchi and T. Watanabe, “Generation of 5-Axis Control Collision-Free Tool Path and Postprocessing for NC Data,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.41, Issue 1, pp. 539-542, 1992.
-  K. Morishige, K. Kase, and Y. Takeuchi, “Collision-free tool path generation using 2-dimensional C-space for 5-axis control machining,” The Int. J of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 393-400, 1997.
-  K. Morishige and M. Kaneko, “Tool Path Generation for Five-Axis Controlled Machining with Consideration of Motion of Two Rotational Axes,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 412-419, 2011.
-  M. L. Brown and D. E. Whitney, “Stochastic dynamic programming applied to planning of robot grinding tasks,” IEEE Tran. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.10, Issue 5, pp. 594-604, 1994.
-  H. Chen, W. Sheng, N. Xi, M. Song, and Y. Chen, “CAD-based automated robot trajectory planning for spray painting of free-form surfaces,” Industrial Robot, Vol.29, Issue 5, pp. 426-433, 2002.
-  P. J. From, J. T. Gravdahl, T. Lillehagen, and P. Abbeel, “Motion planning and control of robotic manipulators on seaborne platforms,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.19, Issue 8, pp. 809-819, 2011.
-  M. Hayashi, T. Suzuki, N. Asakawa, K. Shirase, M. Hirao, and Y. Kamiya, “Automatic Off-line Teaching for Articulated Industrial Robot Having No Analytical Solution (Automatic Selection of Suitable Solution Based on Path Attribution),” Proc. of 4th Int. Symp. on Mechatronics and its Applications, 4-B, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.