A Determination Method of Cutting Coefficients in Ball End Milling Forces Model
School of Health Sciences, Fujita Health University, 1-98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake-cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470-1192, Japan
Cutting force is very important in predicting machining error, surface properties, and chatter vibration. Cutting process simulators based on cutting force models for ball end mill operations have been developed so far by a lot of researcher. This paper describes a new approach for determining cutting coefficients, which are indispensable in predicting cutting force, for cutting force models of ball end mills. The feasibility of the proposed method on cutting coefficient determination is demonstrated in this paper.
-  H. Narita, K. Shirase, E. Arai, and H. Fujimoto, “An Accuracy- Prediction Model Taking Tool Deformation and Geometric Machine-Tool Error into Consideration,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 235-242, 2010.
-  H. Narita, L. Y. Chen, H. Fujimoto, K. Shirase, and E. Arai, “Trial-Less Machining Using Virtual Machining Simulator for Ball End Mill Operation,” Int. J. of JSME, Series C, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 50-55, 2006.
-  Z. Zhang, L. Zheng, L. Zhang, Z. Li, D. Liu, and B. Zhang, “A study on calibration of coefficients in end milling forces model,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.25, Nos.7-8, pp. 652-662, 2005.
-  A. Azeem and H.-Y. Feng, “Calibration of a Mechanistic Ball-End Milling Force Model From Noisy Cutting Force Data,” Proc. of ICME03, ICME03-AM-29, 2003.
-  E. Riviére-Lorphévre, J. de Arizon, E. Filippi, and P. Dehombreux, “Cutting forces parameters evaluation in milling using genetic algorithm,” Proc. of the 10th CIRP workshop on modelling of machining operations, pp. 237-243, 2007.
-  G. Yücesan and Y. Altintas, “Prediction of Ball End Milling Forces,” J. of Engineering for Industry, Trans. of ASME, Vol.118, No.1, pp. 95-103, 1996.
-  Y. Altintas and S. Engin, “Generalized Modeling of Mechanics and Dynamics of Milling Cutters,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.50, Issue 1, pp. 25-30, 2001.