Simulation Technologies for the Development of an Autonomous and Intelligent Machine Tool
Keiichi Shirase* and Keiichi Nakamoto**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokko-dai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
-  T. Moriwaki, “Intelligent Machine tools,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.96, No.901, pp. 1010-1014, 1993 (in Japanese).
-  G. Proschow, Y. Altintas, F. Javane, Y. Koren et al., “Open Controller Architecture – Past, Present and Future,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.50, No.2, pp. 463-470, 2001.
-  J. J. Shah, “Assessment of features technology,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.23, No.5, p.331, 1991.
-  J. H. Vandenbrande, A. A. G. Requicha, “Spatial Reasoning for Automatic Recognition of Machinable Features in Solid Models,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.15, No.12, p.1269, 1993.
-  J. E. Bobrow, “NC Machine Tool Path Generation from CSG Part Representations,” Computer Aided Design, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 69-76, 1985.
-  R. T. Farouki, “The Approximation of Non-Degenerate Offset Surfaces, Computer Aided Geometric Design,” Vol.3, No.1, pp. 15-43, 1986.
-  G. Loney, T. Ozspy, “NC Machining of Free Form Surfaces,” Computer Aided Design, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 85-90, 1987.
-  K. Shirase, T. Kondo, M. Okamoto, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Development of Virtual Copy Milling System to Realize NC Programless Machining: Real Time Tool Path Generation for Autonomous NC Machine Tool,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), Vol.66, No.644, pp. 1368-1373, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nakamoto, K. Shirase, H.Wakamatsu, A. Tsumaya, and E. Arai, “Development of Virtual Copy Milling System to Realize NC ProgramlessMachining: Improvement of Collision Check and Realization of Contour-Line Machining,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), Vol.67, No.663, pp. 3656-3661, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  K. Shirase, K. Nakamoto, E. Arai, and T. Moriwaki, “Autonomous Machine Tool to Realize Flexible Machining Operation Unconstrained by NC program: Direct Machining Operation Controlledby Flexible Process and Operation Planning System,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.11, pp. 1449-1454, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  K. Shirase and K. Nakamoto, “Direct Machining Operation Performed by Autonomous NC Machine Tool Controlled by DigitalCopy Milling Concept: Machine Elements and Manufacturing,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), Vol.74, No.743, pp. 1901-1906, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  K. Shirase, T. Shimada, and K. Nakamoto, “Prototyping of Autonomous CNC Machine Tool Based on Digital Copy Milling Concept,” Proceedings of the 41st CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, pp. 391-394, 2008.
-  T. Shimada, K. Nakamoto, and K. Shirase, “Machining Strategy to Adapt Cutting Conditions under Digital Copy Milling Concept,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Special Issue on Advanced Manufacturing Technology (LEM21), Vol.4, No.5, pp. 924-935, 2010.
-  S. Smith and J. Tlusty, “An Overview of Modeling and Simulation of the Milling Process,” Trans. of ASME, J. of Eng. for Ind., Vol.113, No.2, pp. 169-175, 1991.
-  T. Matsumura and E. Usui, “Predictive cutting force model in complex-shaped end milling based on minimum cutting energy,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.50, pp. 458-466, 2010.
-  T.Matsumura and E. Usui, “Simulation of cutting process in peripheral milling by predicting cutting force model based on minimum cutting energy,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.50, pp. 467-473, 2010.
-  H. Narita, “An Approach of Cutting Coefficients Determination for Cutting Force Model of Ball End Mills, Proceedings of The 6th International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, CD-ROM, 2011.
-  K. Nakamoto, T. Kouno, T. Koyama, T. Sakaguchi, and K. Shirase, “Development of Virtual Machining Simulator by Using Voxel Model,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.74, No.12, pp. 1308-1312, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Takata, M. D. Tsai, M. Inui, and T. Sata, “A Cutting Simulation System for Machinability Evaluation Using a Workpiece Model,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 417-420, 1989.
-  P. Bertok, S. Takata, K. Matsushima, J. Ootsuka, and T. Sata, “A System for Monitoring the Machining Operation by Referring to a predicted Cutting Torque Pattern,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.32, No.1, pp. 439-444, 1983.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.