Design Method for Inner Structure of Injection Mold Fabricated by Metal Laser Sintering
Hiroshi Koresawa, Hirofumi Fukumaru, Michio Kojima,
Jun Iwanaga, Hiroyuki Narahara, and Hiroshi Suzuki
Department of Mechanical Information Science and Technology, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka-shi, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
-  S. Abe, Y. Higashi, H. Togeyama, I. Fuwa, and N. Yoshida, “Development of milling-combined laser metal sintering method – Combination of laser-assisted metal sintering method and the milling in one machine –,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.73, No.8, pp. 912-916, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  A. Yassin, T. Ueda, T. Furumoto, A. Hosokawa, R. Tanaka, and S. Abe, “Experimental investigation on cutting mechanism of laser sintered material using sall ball end mill,” J. of Material Processing Technology, Vol.209, pp. 5680-5689, 2009.
-  T. Furumoto, T. Ueda, T. Tsukamoto, N. Kobayashi, A. Hosokawa, and S. Abe, “Study on Laser Consolidation of Metal Powder with Yb: fiber laser – Temperature Measurement of Laser Irradiation Area –,” J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 22-27, 2009.
-  T. Yoneyama and H. Kagawa, “Fabrication of Cooling Channels in the Injection Molding by Laser Metal Sintering,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 162-167, 2008.
-  M. Kojima, H. Narahara, Y. Nakano, H. Fukumaru, H. Koresawa, and H. Suzuki, “Permeability Characteristics and Applications of Plastic Injection Molding Fabricated by Metal Laser Sintering Combined with High Speed Milling,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 175-181, 2008.
-  T. Yoneyama, K. Naito, S. Abe, and M. Miyamaru, “Reduction of Injection Pressure for Thin Walled Molding using the Laser Metal Sintered Mold,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.76, No.2, pp. 188-192, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  S. Sato and T. Okamura, “Automatic Mold Design System Synchronized with Product Design Data and Logical Analysis of Mold Design,” J. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (series C), Vol.73, No.736, pp. 4-9, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  S. Nishiwaki, M. I. Frecker, S. Min, and N. Kikuchi, “Topology Optimization of Compliant Mechanisms Using the Homogenization Method,” Int. J. for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol.42, Issue 3, pp. 535-559, 1998.
-  D. Reynolds, J. McConnachie, P. Bettess, W. C. Christie, and J. W. Bull, “Reverse adaptivity – a new evolutionary tool for structural optimization,” Int. J. for Numerical Method in Engineering, Vol.45, Issue 5, pp. 529-552, 1999.
-  H. A. Eschenauer, H. A. Kobelev, and A. Schumacher, “Bubble method for topology and shape optimization of structure,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 42-51, 1994.
-  X. Y. Kou, G. T. Parks, and S. T. Tan, “Optimal design of functionally graded materials using a procedural model and particle swarm optimization,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.44, Issue 4, pp. 300-310, 2011.
-  S. R. Johnston, M. Reed, H. V. Wang, and D. W. Rosen, “Analysis of Mesostrucure Unit Cells Comprised of Octet-truss Structures,” Proc. of the Seventeenth Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium Austin, TX, pp. 421-431, 2006.
-  N. Inou, N. Shimotai, and H. Kobayashi, “Cellular Automaton Self-Organizing a Mechanical Structure. Behavior of Total System Generated by Local Rules,” J. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (series A), Vol.61, No.586, pp. 1416-1422, 1995. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.