Proposal of a Mechanism to Restrict Pressure Change by Oil Temperature Change
Yasuo Sakurai*1, Takayuki Suzuki*2, Kenichi Aiba*3,
Takamasa Yoshinari*3, Kiyotaka Kawashima*3,
and Kazuyuki Kihara*4
*1Ashikaga Institute of Technology, 268-1 Oomae-cho, Ashikaga-shi, Tochigi 326-8558, Japan
*2Bosch Rexroth Corporation, 5-1 Higashi-nakanuki-cho, Tsuchiura-shi, Ibaraki 300-8588, Japan
*3Tokyo Keiki Corporation, 1-1 Sakae-cho, Sano-shi, Tochigi 327-0816, Japan
*4Industrial Property Cooperation Center, 1-2-15 Kiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0042, Japan
One of the advantages of an oil-hydraulic system is that it keeps the value of its oil pressure when the pressurized oil is enclosed in a container. However, when the temperature of the oil changes, it is impossible to keep the value. If a pressure-control sub-system is used to prevent the pressure change, the whole system becomes complicated. In addition, energy is consumed when the pressure is adjusted by the quantity of oil flowing in or out of the container. From these view points, it would be useful if a component were developed which prevented the pressure change caused by the change in oil temperature without controlling the quantity of oil. Therefore, in this paper, a mechanism to prevent the pressure change caused by the oil temperature change is proposed to secure the advantages of the oil hydraulic system even when the temperature of the oil changes. And a component is fabricated to investigate the validity of the proposed mechanism. Its validity is investigated experimentally when the temperature of the oil increases and when the temperature of the oil decreases after it increases.
Takamasa Yoshinari, Kiyotaka Kawashima, and
and Kazuyuki Kihara, “Proposal of a Mechanism to Restrict Pressure Change by Oil Temperature Change,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.6, No.4, pp. 502-508, 2012.
-  T. Fujita, M. Sai, and T. Kagawa, “Energy Consumption of Pneumatic System with a Pneumatic Cylinder and Comparison with Electric Actuator,” J. of The Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.34, No.2, pp. 125-130, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  T. Sakamoto, “A Specific Phenomenon in Oil-hydraulic Equipment for Heavy Lifts Energy,” Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 43-47, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  S. Norouzi, S. R. Mofrad, “What You Should Know about Liquid Thermal Expansion,” Hydrocarbon Process, Vol.87, No.11, pp. 67-69, 2008.
-  “Pocketbook of Oil-hydraulics,” Japan Fluid Power Association, pp. 206-207, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  T. Kazama, “Physical Property of Hydraulic fluid and Numerical Analysis by Thermo-Hydrodynamic Lubrication Theory,” Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Vol.47, No.13, pp. 9-13, 2008. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.