An Algorithmic Approach to Streamlining Product Carbon Footprint Quantification: A Case Study on Sheet Metal Parts
Ruisheng Ng, Zhiquan Yeo, Chee Wai Patrick Shi,
Fatida Rugrungruang, and Bin Song
Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech), 71 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 638075
-  M. Hauschild , J. Jeswiet and L. Alting, “From life cycle assessment to sustainable production: status and perspectives,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.54, pp. 1-21, 2005.
-  A. M. Deif, “A system model for green manufacturing,” Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.19, pp. 1553-1559, 2011.
-  ISO 14040, “Environmental management – Life cycle assessment – Principles and framework,” International Standardization Organization, 2006.
-  ISO 14044, “Environmental management – Life cycle assessment – Requirements and guidelines,” International Standardization Organization, 2006.
-  H. Narita, H. Kawamura, T. Norishisa, L. Chen, H. Fujimoto, and T. Hasebe, “Development of prediction system for environmental burden for machine tool operation,” JSME International Journal, Vol.49, No.4, pp. 1188-1195, 2006.
-  IPCC, J. T. Houghton, Y. Ding, D. J. Griggs, M. Noguer, P. J. Van der Linden, K. Maskell, and C. A. Johnson, “Climate Change 2001: The scientific basis. Contribution of working Group I to third assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change,” Cambridge University Press, 2001.
-  PAS 2050, “Specification for the assessment of the life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of goods and services,” British Standard International, 2011.
-  World Resource Institute, “Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard,” 2011.
-  ISO/DIS 14067, “Carbon footprint of products - Requirements and guidelines for quantification and communication,” International Standardization Organization, 2011.
-  International Diary Federation, “A common carbon footprint approach for diary – The IDF guide to standard lifecycle assessment methodology for the diary sector,” Brussels, Belgium, 2012.
-  World Steel Association, “World Steel Association Life Cycle Inventory Study for Steel Products,” 2011.
-  G. P. Peters, “Efficient Algorithms for Life Cycle Assessment, Input-Output Analysis, and Monte-Carlo Analysis,” The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 2007.
-  A. Bala, M. Raugei, G. Benveniste, C. Gazulla and P. Fullana-i-Palmer, “Simplified tools for global warming potential evaluation: when ‘good enough’ is best,” The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 2009.
-  J.-G. Concepcion, K. Seungdo and R. O. Michael, “Methodology for Developing Gate-to-Gate Life Cycle Inventory Information,” The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.