A Simulation System to Analyze Effects of Relocation of Machine Tools on Supply Chain Robustness
Hitoshi Komoto* and Nozomu Mishima**
*Advanced Manufacturing Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Namiki 1-2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8564, Japan
**Cooperative Major in Life Cycle Design Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering and Resource Science, Akita University, 1-1 Tegatagakuen-machi, Akita-shi, Akita 010-8502, Japan
-  European Chemicals Agency, “Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH),” European Union Regulation, EC No 1907/2006, 2006.
-  A. Hugo and E. N. Pistikopoulos, “Environmentally conscious longrange planning and design of supply chain networks,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.13, pp. 1471-1491, 2005.
-  S.W.Wallace and T. M. Choi, “Robust supply chain management,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.134, Issue2, p. 283, 2011.
-  G. Fandel, M. Stammen, “A general model for extended strategic supply chain management with emphasis on product life cycles including development and recycling,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.89, Issue3, pp. 293-308, 2004.
-  H. Komoto, T. Tomiyama, S. Silvester, and H. Brezet, “Analyzing supply chain robustness for OEMs from a life cycle perspective using life cycle simulation,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.134, Issue2, pp. 447-457, 2011.
-  J. R. Crookall, “Planning and Simulation of FMS,” Annals of the CIRP, CIRP, Vol.34, No.2, pp. 577-584, 1985.
-  F. Jovane, Y. Koren, and C. R. Boer, “Present and Future of Flexible Automation: Towards New Paradigms,” Annals of the CIRP, CIRP, Vol.52, No.2, pp. 543-560, 2003.
-  H.Wakai, S. Kado, and T. Sata, “KOSMO – a Simulator for Flexible Manufacturing Systems,” Annals of the CIRP, CIRP, Vol.35, No.1, pp. 347-350, 1986.
-  DTF Research Consortium, 2008, Technological Foundation of Nagano prefecture, Suwa Techno Lakeside Regional Center (http://www.dtf.ne.jp/en/).
-  Y. Okazaki, N. Mishima, and K. Ashida, “Microfactory – Concept, History and Developments –,” J. of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Trans. ASME, Vol.126, pp. 837-844, 2004.
-  T. Kurita and M. Hattori, “Development of new-concept desk top size machine tool,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.45, Issues7-8, pp. 959-965, 2005.
-  H. Sawada, N. Matsuki, H. Tokunaga, and Y. Furukawa, “A Manufacturing Software Development Framework MZ Platform and its Industrial Applications,” Proc. of CAID&CD’2005, pp. 419-423, 2005.
-  H. Komoto and T. Tomiyama, “Integration of a service CAD and a Life cycle simulator,” Annals of the CIRP, CIRP, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 9-12, 2008.
-  Y. Umeda, A. Nonomura, and T. Tomiyama, “Study on life-cycle design for the post mass production paradigm,” Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing, Vol.14, pp. 149-61, 2000.
-  H. Meier, R. Roy, and G. Seeliger, “Industrial Product-Service Systems – IPS2.” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.59, No.2, pp. 607-627, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.