Development of High Speed Clock Module and its Application to Array Model
Kazumasa Kawasaki*1, Takashi Miyaguchi*2,
Hiroshi Saitoh*3, Tomoyuki Kato*4,
Kohroh Kobayashi*5, Hisayuki Nakagawa*6,
and Kazunori Kobayashi*6
*1Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2-nocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
*2Kenoh Technical Support Center, Industrial Research Institute of Niigata Prefecture, 1-17 Sugoro, Sanjyo-city, Niigata 955-0092, Japan
*3Industrial Research Institute of Niigata Prefecture, 1-11-1 Abuminishi, Chuo-ku, Niigata 950-0915, Japan
*4Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd., 4-1-1 Kamikodanaka, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki 211-8588, Japan
*5Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
*6Sinko Electric Co., Ltd., 61-1 Tado, Uonuma-city, Niigata 949-7402, Japan
A high speed optical clock module using a Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) and a spherical mirror is developed and this clock module is applied to an array model. The module will be used for Large Scale Integration (LSI) clock distribution. We developed a single module successfully, frequency of which was 39 GHz with a low threshold current. Moreover, we improved an assembly method for the module, proposed an array model design of this module, and assembled the array model. The array model was cut into four pieces. As a result, it was made clear to manufacture the module model by pasting and cutting accurately, and to manufacture a great amount of modules from array module, too.
Hiroshi Saitoh, Tomoyuki Kato,
Kohroh Kobayashi, Hisayuki Nakagawa, and
and Kazunori Kobayashi, “Development of High Speed Clock Module and its Application to Array Model,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.6, No.2, pp. 205-212, 2012.
-  T. Kato, A. Matsutani, T. Sakaguchi, and K. Kobayashi, “Sub-Harmonic Mode-Locking of VCSEL with a Concave External Mirror,” IEICE Electronics Express, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 152-156, 2008.
-  H.-J. Wei, C. Meng, and Y.-C. Chang, “Wide-Ratio Broadband SiGe HBT Regenerative Frequency Divider Enhanced by Differential TIA Load,” Electronics Letters, Vol.43, Issue9, pp. 1021-1022, 2007.
-  T. Anan, N. Suzuki, K. Yashiki, K. Fukatsu, H. Hatakeyama, T. Akagawa, K. Tokutome, and M. Tsuji, “High-Speed 1.1-µm-Range InGaAs VCSELs,” Optical Fiber Communication Conf. and Exposition and the National Fiber Optic Engineers Conf., OSA Technical Digest (CD) (Optical Society of America), paper OThS5, 2008.
-  U. Fliedler and K. J. Ebeling, “Design of VCSEL’s for Feedback Insensitive Data Transmission and External Cavity Active Mode-Locking,” IEEE J. of Selected Topics Quantum Electron, Vol.1, Issue2, pp. 442-450, 1995.
-  S. Hoogland, S. Dhanjal, A. C. Tropper, J. S. Roberts, R. Haring, R. Paschotta, F. Morier-Genoud, and U. Keller, “Passively Mode-Locked Diode-Pumped Surface-Emitting Semiconductor Laser,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol.12, No.9, pp. 1135-1137, 2000.
-  K. Jasim, Q. Zhang, A. V. Nurmikko, E. Ippen, A. Mooradian, G. Carey, and W. Ha, “Picosecond Pulse Generation from Passively Mode locked Vertical Cavity Diode Laser at up to 15 GHz Pulse Repetition Rate,” Electronics Letters, Vol.40, Issue1, pp. 34-36, 2004.
-  D. Lorenser, D. J. H. C. Maas, H. J. Unold, A.-R. Bellancourt, B. Rudin, E. Gini, D. Ebling, and U. Keller, “50-GHz Passively Mode-Locked Surface-Emitting Semiconductor Laser with 100-mWAverage Output Power,” IEEE J. of Quantum Electron., Vol.42, Issue8, pp. 838-847, 2006.
-  T. Kato, A. Matsutani, T. Sakaguchi, and K. Kobayashi, “31 GHz Sub-Harmonic Active Mode-Locked VCSEL with Low Threshold Current,” 14th Microoptics Conf., F-2, Brussels, Belgium, pp. 25-27, 2008.
-  T. Kato, A. Matsutani, T. Sakaguchi, and K. Kobayashi, “Double-Path Resonance of a Mode-Locked VCSEL Using a Concave Mirror,” Joint conf. of the Opto-Electronics and Communications Conf., 2008 and the 2008 Australian Conf. on Optical Fiber Technology, WeM1, Sydney, Australia, pp. 7-10, 2008.
-  H. Takanashi, T. Kato, T. Matsutani, T. Sakaguchi, T. Miyaguchi, and K. Kobayashi, “Active Mode-Locked Laser Module Using Double-Path Resonance,” Opto-Electronics Communications Conf., Hong Kong, pp. 1-2, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.