Wrist Rehabilitation Device Using Pneumatic Parallel Manipulator Based on EMG Signal
Masahiro Takaiwa, Toshiro Noritsugu, Norimichi Ito,
and Daisuke Sasaki
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushimanaka, Kitaku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
-  “Physical therapy white paper,” Japan Physical Therapy Association (Ed.), 2008.
-  T. Neuritis, T. Tanaka, “Application of Rubber Artificial Muscle Manipulator as a Rehabilitation robot,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, 2-4, pp. 259-267, 1997.
-  T. Kikuchi, J. Furusho, and K. Oda, “Development of Isokinetic Exercise Machine Using ER Brake,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE ICRA, pp. 214-219, 2003.
-  K. Koyanagi, J. Furusho, U. Ryu, and A. Inoue, “Development of Rehabilitation System for the Upper Limbs in a NEDO Project,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE ICRA, pp. 4016-4021, 2003.
-  S. Hesse, G. S. Tigges, M. Konrad, A. Bardelebem, and C. Werner, “Robot-assisted arm trainer for the passive and active practice of bilateral forearm and wrist movements in hemiperetic subjects,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 84-6, pp. 915-920, 2003.
-  H. I. Krebs, B. T. Volpe, D. Williams, J. Celestino, S. K. Charles, D. Lynch, and N. Hogan, “Robot-Aided Neurorehabilitation: A Robot forWrist Rehabilitation,” IEEE Trans. on Neural System and Rehabilitation, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 327-335, 2007.
-  M. Takaiwa, T. Noritsugu, “Position Control of Pneumatic Parallel Manipulator,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Positioning Control System, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 49-55, 2009.
-  T. S. Buchanan, M. J. Moniz, J. P. A. Dewald, and W. Z. Rymer, “Estimation of Muscle Force about TheWrist Joint During Isometric Using an EMG Coefficient Method,” J. of Biomechanics, Vol.26, No.4/5, pp. 547-560, 1993.
-  T. Ando, M. Watanabe, M. Seki, and M. G. Fujie, “Myoelectric Controlled Exoskeletal Robot to Suppress Essential Tremor: Extraction of Elbow Flexion Movement Using STFTs,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. of the Advanced Mechatronics, pp. 756-760, 2010.
-  T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, and D. Sasaki, “Development of Wrist Rehabilitation Equipment Using Pneumatic Parallel Manipulator,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2313-2318, 2005.
-  J. A. Saglia, N. G. Tsagarakis, J. S. Dai, and D. G. Galdwell, “A High Perfrmance 2-dof Over-Actuated Parallel Mechanism for Ankle Rehabilitation,” Proc. of IEEE ICRA, pp. 2180-2186, 2009.
-  A. Gupta, M. K. O’Malley, “Design of a Haptic Arm Exoskeleton for Training and Rehabilitation,” IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 280-289, 2006.
-  D. Stewart, “A platform with Six Degrees of Freedom,” Proc. Inst. Mechanical Engineers, 180-15, pp. 371-386, 1965.
-  M. N. Koleini et al., “Changes in Surface EMG and Acoustic myogram Parameters During Static Fatiguing Contractions until Exhaustion : Influence of Elbow Joint Angles,” J. of physiological anthropology and applied human science, 20(2), pp. 131-140, 2001.
-  M. Takaiwa, T. Noritsugu, D. Sasaki, Y. Masago, “Development of Wrist Rehabilitation Equipment Using Pneumatic Parallel Manipulator – Acquiring training motion of P.T. and multiple D.O.F. measurement of wrist property –,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 25-8, pp. 1251-1258, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.