Development of a Liquid Packaging Machine Positioning Control on Moving Film
Katsumi Honma* and Shin-ichi Nakajima**
*Yushin Co., Ltd., 964 Yanagawa-Shinden, Sanjo, Niigata 955-0002, Japan
**Niigata Institute of Technology, 1719 Fujihashi, Kashiwazaki, Niigata 945-1195, Japan
A liquid packaging machine produces liquid packaging bags from roll film by cooperatively controlling the vertical seal roller, horizontal seal roller, and cut roller. These rollers are driven separately by servomotors as a multi-axis servo mechanism. Positioning control on the moving film is essential to make bags of accurate size. To achieve accurate positioning without lowering productivity, we propose two control methods. One is a two-step velocity control of the horizontal seal roller. This method enables continuous and high speed production of bags of arbitrary size. The second is phase control, which determines the accuracy of the cutting position on the film according to the sealing position. Phase control changes the rotary phase difference of the horizontal seal roller and the cut roller by adjusting the high feeding velocity of the cut roller, or by adjusting the low feeding velocity of the cut roller. The control system developed was applied to a DANGANV liquid packaging machine.
-  T. Miyakawa and K. Owashi, “Controller for Press for Forming Lateral Adhesion Part in Apparatus for Producing Packaged Article,” Unexamined Publication Number H05-162706, Japan Patent Office, 1993.
-  Japan Packaging Institute, “Packing Technical Manual,” Japan Productivity Center, Tokyo, JP, 1788pp., 1971.
-  K. Honma and S. Nakajima, “Positioning Control of Film in Liquid Packaging Machine DANGAN,” Proc. of JSME Hokuriku-Shinetsu Branch Annual Meeting, pp. 213-214, 2007.
-  K. Honma, Y. Shinoda, and S. Nakajima, “Development of Liquid Packaging Machine,” Proc. of 2007 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, No.07-2, 2A2-G10, 2007.
-  K. Honma, S. Nakajima, and Y. Shinoda, “Analysis of Film Feed Error in Liquid Packaging Machine,” Proc. of JSEM 2007 Annual Conf. on Experimental Mechanics, No.7, pp. 295-298, 2007.
-  M. Hata and K. Furukawa, “How to Use PLL-IC,” Sanpo Publication, Tokyo, JP, pp. 190-193, 1976.
-  C. A. Adkins, M. A. Marra, and B. L. Walcott, “Modified Phase-Frequency Detector for Improved Response of PLL Servo Controller,” Proc. of the American Control Conf., pp. 19-20, 2002.
-  A. W. Moore, “Phase-Locked Loops for Motor-Speed Control,” IEEE Spectrum, Vol.10, pp. 61-67, 1973.
-  K. Honma and S. Nakajima, “Development of Liquid Packaging Machine, 2nd Report,” Proc. of 2008 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, No.08-4, 1P1-C22, 2008.
-  K. Honma and S. Nakajima, “Development of Liquid Packaging Machine,” Proc. of Asia Int. Symposium on Mechatronics 2008, FP2-2(2), 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.