Image Measurement on Curvature Around Seam Line for Motion Control of Laser Welding Robot
Akihiko Matsushita*, Takuya Hokari**, Shun’ichi Kaneko*,
Hitoshi Ohfuji***, and Kaoru Fukuda***
*Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, North 14 West 9, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
**School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, North 14 West 9, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
***SANKO-STEEL, Zenibako 3-515-1, Otaru-shi 047-0261, Japan
Automating robot laser welding requires that the laser irradiation direction and laser focus positioning influencing welding strength are controlled precisely. Since the edge of the welded object can be transformed on processing by such as cutting, bending and grinding, the direct measurement is necessary to control the laser irradiation. Especially, the information of the curvature around the seam line is important because the precision influences the molten direction. The image measurement for curvatures around the seam line derives a three-dimensional approximation of the welded object’s curved surface from core-lines of images of the laser for measurement. By results of experiments the effectiveness and the limitations of our proposal are demonstrated.
Hitoshi Ohfuji, and Kaoru Fukuda, “Image Measurement on Curvature Around Seam Line for Motion Control of Laser Welding Robot,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.4, No.6, pp. 536-541, 2010.
-  K. Mikame, “Application of Laser Processing for Automobile Parts,” J. of Japan Laser Processing Society, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 1-4, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  K. Fukuda, and H. Ohfuji et al., “Development of vision sensor for laer welding. (The 2nd report) Sensing accuracy of welding points on curved surfaces,” 2010 JSPE Autumn Meeting, pp. 623-624, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  A.Matsushita, and M. Yamanaka et al., “Basic ImageMeasurement for Laser Welding Robot Motion Control,” Int. J. of Automation Technology (IJAT), Vol.3, No.2, pp. 136-143, 2009.
-  M. Yamanaka, and A. Matsushita et al., “A Graphical Measurement Method for Motion Control of YAG Laser Welding Robot,” Third Asia Int. Symp. on Mechatronics (AISM 2008), p. 128, 2008.
-  A. Matsushita, and T. Hokari et al., “Basic Image Measurement for LaserWelding Robot Motion Control,” Proc. of the 72nd Laser Materials Processing Conf., p. 124, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  N. Torii, and Y. Asida et al., “Application of The Laser Vision System to The Laser Welding,” J. of Japan Laser Processing Society, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 8-12, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  W. Wolf and K. Amano, “Process Monitoring for Laser Welding Applications,” J. of Japan Laser Processing Society, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 1-7, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kawahito, and M. Kito et al., “Adaptive Gap Control in Butt Welding with a Pulsed YAG Laser,” Trans. of JWRI, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 5-10, 2007.
-  K. Inui, and S. Kaneko et al., “Robust Line Fitting Using LMedS Clustering,” Trans. of The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J84-D-II, No.1, pp. 48-55, 2001 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.