Development of a Forging-Type Rapid Prototyping System (Tool Path Generation Considering Deformation Process)
Naoki Asakawa* and Hidetake Tanaka**
*Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, 1603-1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-2188, Japan
-  P. K. Wright, D. A. Bourne, J. P. Colyer, G. S. Schatz, and J. A. E. Isasi, “Flexible Manufacturing Cell for Swaging,” Mechanical Engineering, pp. 76-83, 1982.
-  K. Mori, M. Yamamoto, and K. Osakada, “Determination of hammering sequence in incremental sheet metal forming using a genetic algorithm,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, pp. 463-468, 1996.
-  W. C. Emmens, G. Sebastiani, and A. H. van den Boogaard, “The technology of Incremental Sheet Forming – A brief review of the history,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.210, Iss.8, pp. 981-997, 2010.
-  H. Tanaka, N. Asakawa, T. Shintani, and M. Hirao, “Development of a Forging Type Rapid Prototyping System; Automation of a Free Forging and Metal Hammering Working,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics (JRM), Vol.17, No.5, pp. 523-528, 2005.
-  N. Asakawa, K. Toda, and Y. Takeuchi, “Automation of chamfering by an industrial robot; for the case of hole on free-curved surface,” Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Elsevier Sci., Vol.18, No.5-6, p. 379, 2002.
-  T. Okamoto, T. Matsuoka, and Y. Hayashi, “Application of scribedcircle test,” Sumitomo Search, Vol.2, pp. 75-85, 1969.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.