Motion Control of a Hyper Redundant Manipulator Built by Serially Connecting Many Parallel Mechanism Units with a Few DOF
Nobuyuki Iwatsuki*, Norifumi Nishizaka**, Koichi Morikawa*,
and Koji Kondoh***
*Department of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ohokayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
**Komatsu Ltd., 2-3-6 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8414, Japan
***Industrial Technology Center of Fukui Prefecture, 61 Kawai Washizuka, Fukui 910-0102, Japan
-  D. Stewart, “A Platform with Six Degrees-of-freedom,” Proc. of Inst. Mech. Eng., 180-15, pp. 371-376, 1965.
-  Y. Takeda, H. Funahashi, and H. Ichimaru, “Development of Spatial In-parallel Actuated Manipulators with Six Degrees of Freedom with High Transmissibility,” JSME Int. J., Ser. C, 40-2, pp. 299-308, 1997.
-  N. Iwatsuki, I. Hayashi et. al., “Development of an Active Worktable of a Spatial In-parallel Actuated Manipulator with 6 DOF,” Proc. of 1998 ICMT, pp. 285-290, 1998.
-  K. Kondoh and N. Iwatsuki, “Flexible Robot Arm Composed of Multi-stage Parallel Mechanisms,” Proc. of JSME Robotic-Mechatronics Conf. 2002, pp. 301-302, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  H. Tachiya, S. Akino, M. Takeuchi, and T. Suga, “A 6DOF Hybrid Mechanism Composed of Different Parallel Mechanisms, Trans. JSME Ser. C, Vol.64, No.627, pp. 4353-4360, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  T. K. Tanev, “Kinematics of a Hybrid (Parallel-Serial) Robot Manipulator,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.35, Issue 9, pp. 1183-1196, 2000.
-  X. Z. Zheng , H. Z. Bin, and Y. G. Luo, “Kinematic Analysis of a Hybrid Serial-Parallel Manipulator,” The Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.23, No.11, pp. 925-930, 2004.
-  S. Huda and Y. Takeda, “Kinematic Analysis and Synthesis of a 3-URU Pure Rotational Parallel Mechanism with Respect to Singularity and Workspace,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 81-92, 2007.
-  N. Iwatsuki, N. Nishizaka, K. Morikawa, and K. Kondoh, “Motion Control of a Hyper Redundant Manipulator Built by Serially Connecting with Many Parallel Mechanism Units with a Few DOF,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics Technology, pp. 29-34, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.