Fabrication of Ultrafine Tools Using a Desktop Microgrinder
Hitoshi Ohmori, Yoshihiro Uehara, and Kazutoshi Katahira
Materials Fabrication Laboratory, the Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN), 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
-  H. K. Toenshoff, T. Friemuth, and J. C. Becker, “Process monitoring in grinding,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.51, No.2, pp. 551-571, 2002.
-  H. Onikura, O. Ohnishi, and Y. Take, “Fabrication of micro carbide tools by ultrasonic vibration grinding,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.49, No.1, pp. 257-260, 2000.
-  Y. Takeuchi, S. Maeda, T. Kawai, and K. Sawada, “Manufacture of multiple-focus micro fresnel lenses by means of nonrotational diamond grooving,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.51, No.1, pp. 343-346, 2002.
-  T. Masuzawa and M. Kimura, “Electrochemical surface finishing of tungsten carbide alloy,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.40, No.1, pp. 199-202, 1991.
-  T. Masuzawa, C. L. Kuo, andM. Fujino, “A combined electrical machining process for micronozzle fabrication,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.43, No.1, pp. 189-192, 1994.
-  M. Vasile, C. Friedrich, B. Kikkeri, and R. McElhannon, “Micronscale machining; Tool fabrication and initial results,” Journal of Precision Engineering Vol.2, No.3, pp. 180-186, 1996.
-  C. Friedrich and M. Vasile, “The micromilling process for high aspect ratio microstructures,” Microsystem Technologies Vol.2, No.3, pp. 144-148, 1996.
-  C. Friedrich and B. Kithiganahalli, “Deflection compensation model for the machining of microshafts,” Proc. ASPE Annual Conference, pp. 461-464, 1994.
-  P. M. Lonardo, D. A. Lucca, and L. De Chiffre, “Emerging trends in surface metrology,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.51, No.2, pp. 701-723, 2002.
-  H. Ohmori, “Electrolytic in-process dressing (ELID) grinding for optical parts manufacturing,” Proc. International Progress in Precision Engineering IPES 7, pp.134-148, 1993.
-  H. Ohmori and T. Nakagawa, “Analysis of mirror surface generation of hard and brittle materials by ELID (Electrolytic In-Process Dressing) grinding with superfine grain metallic bond wheels,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.44, No.1, pp. 287-290, 1995.
-  H. Ohmori and T. Nakagawa, “Utilization of nonlinear conditions in precision grinding with ELID (Electrolytic In-Process Dressing) for fabrication of hard material components,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.46, No.1, pp. 261-264, 1997.
-  H. Ohmori, K. Katahira, Y. Uehara, Y. Watanabe, and W. Lin, “Improvement of mechanical strength of micro tools by controlling surface characteristics,” Annals of the CIRP Vol.52, No.1, pp. 467-470, 2003.
-  Y. Uehara, H. Ohmori, Y. Yamagata, W. Lin, K. Kumakura, S. Morita, T. Shimizu, and T. Sasaki, “Development of small tool by micro fabrication system applying ELID grinding technique,” Initiatives of precision engineering at the beginning of a millennium, Kluwer academic publishers, pp. 491-495, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.