Development of Industry Oriented Power-Assisted System and Comparison with Conventional Machine
Takanori Miyoshi*, Ayumu Niinuma*, Kazuhiko Terashima*, and Yuuki Miyashita**
*Department of Production Systems Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi city 441-8580, Japan
**Hitachi Medical Corporation, Kashiwa city 277-0804, Japan
So far, we have developed a power-assisted wire suspension system to reduce operators’ burden. It has three advantages. First, the structure is simple, and the cost is lower than that of other rigid systems, because the mechanism is based on an overhead crane. Second, it is easy to effect sequence control using this system because the sequence control is based on the velocity control. Finally, this system is expected to supply efficient conveyance by any operator, because operators can move heavy objects directly with two hands. In this paper, we summarize the design and the feature of the power-assisted system, and compare the effectiveness of the proposed power-assisted system with the conventional operation using buttons through experiments involving the measurement of the precision of the positioning and the work time needed to assemble objects.
-  B. J. Waibel and H. Kazerooni, “Theory and Experiments on the Stability of Robot Compliance Control,” IEEE trans. on robotics and automation, Vol.7, No,1, pp. 95-104, 1991.
-  H. Kazerooni, T. Tsay, and K. Hollerbach, “A Controller Desigh Framework for Telerobotic Systems,” IEEE trans. on control systems technology, Vol.1, No,1, pp. 50-62, 1993.
-  K. Kosuge, Y. Fujisawa, and T. Fukuda, “Control of Robot Directly Maneuvered by Operator,” Proc. of '93 IEEE / RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS'93), pp. 49-53, 1993.
-  Y. Hayashibara, K. Tanie, H. Arai, and H. Tokashiki, “Development of Power Assist System with Individual Compensation Ratios for Gravity and Dynamic Load,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 640-646, 1997.
-  H. Lee, T. Takubo, H. Arai, and K. Tanie, “Control of Mobile Manipulators for Power Assist Systems,” Proc. of 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC'99), vol.4, pp. 989-994, 1999.
-  R. Ikeura, H. Nakamura et al., “Positioning Operation by Using of Power Assisted Apparatus,” Proc. of Conf. on Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.51, pp. 127-128, 2002.
-  S. Oh and Y. Hori, “Generalized discussion on design of force-sensor-less Power Assist Control,” Advanced Motion Control(AMC), pp. 492-497, 2008.
-  H. Kobayashi, H. Suzuki, H. Nozaki, and T. Tsuji, “Development of Power Assist System for Manual Worker by Muscle Suit,” Robot and Human interactive Communication(RO-MAN), pp. 332-337, 2007.
-  T. Noritsugu, “Wearable power assist robot driven with pneumatic rubber artificial muscles,” Proc. of Networking, Sensing and Control, pp. 259-267, 2009.
-  L. Suwoong, Y. Seong-Sik, S. Hara, and Y. Yamada, “A Safety Switching Control Method for Transferring from Hands-off to Hands-on Control Mode of Skill-Assist,” Dep. Robotics Mechatoronics, Mechanics Conference of Japan, 2A1-A06, 2007.
-  W. Tytus, S. Shimoda, H. Fujimoto et al., “Modeless Algorism for Cooperative Object Positioning by Human and Robot,” Robotics Conference, 12, pp. 40-45, 2007.
-  T. Miyoshi, H. Kojima, and K. Terashima, “Stabilization control of the power-assisted crane system to enable direct manipulation of an object,” Robot Conference of Japan, 3D1, 2007.
-  T. Miyoshi, and H. Kojima, and K. Terashima, “Devpelopment of Vertical Power-Assisted Crane System Considering Absolute Stability,” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems(IROS), pp. 4902-4908, 2006.
-  http://www.aikoku.com/rh/index.html
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.