Human-Robot Cooperative Handling Using Variable Virtual Nonholonomic Constraint
Tomohito Takubo*, Hirohiko Arai**, Kazuo Tanie***, and Tatsuo Arai*
*Department of Systems Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
**National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-2 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibawraki 305-8564, Japan
***Faculty of System Design, Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
In proposing variable nonholonomic constraint for cooperative human-robot handling, we deal with nonholonomic wheel movement manipulated intuitively by the use. We propose implementing virtual nonholonomic constraint in robot grasping, enabling users to transfer objects, similar to using a wheelbarrow, without slipping. Transporting objects accurately in a fixed constraint point requires skill, so we propose preparing multiple constraint points to be selected based on the situation. We apply this to a mobile manipulator, confirming feasibility experimentally.
-  H. Lee, T. Takubo, H. Arai, and K. Tanie, “Control of Mobile Manipulators for Power Assist Systems,” Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol.17, No.9, pp. 469-477, 2000.
-  T. Takubo, H. Arai, and K. Tanie, “Conrol of Mobile Manipulator Using a Virtual Impedance Wall,” Proc. of Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, pp. 3571-3576, 2002.
-  Tomohito Takubo, Hirohiko Arai, Yasuo Hayashibara, and Kazuo Tanie, “ Human-Robot Cooperative Manipulation Using a Virtual Nonholonomic Constraint,” International Journal of Robotics Research, International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.21, No.5, pp. 541-553, 2002.
-  Y. Hayashibara, Y. Sonoda, T. Takubo, H. Arai, and K. Tanie, “Assist System for Carrying a Long Object with a Human - Analysis of a Human Cooperative Behavior in the Vertical Direction -,” Proc. 1999 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS'99), 1999.
-  K. Kosuge, H. Yoshida, and T. Fukuda, “Dynamic Control for Robot-Human Collaboration,” IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, pp. 398-401, 1993.
-  R. Ikeura and H. Inooka, “Variable Impedance Control of a Robot for Cooperation with a Human,” Proc. 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA'95), pp. 3097-3102, 1995.
-  O. M. Al-Jarrah and Y. F. Zheng, “Arm-Manipulator Coordination for Load Sharing Using Reflexive Motion Control,” Proc. 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA'97), pp. 2326-2331, 1997.
-  W. Wannasuphoprasit, R. Gillespie, J. E. Colgate, and M. Peshkin, “Cobot control,” Proc. of 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA'97), pp. 3571-3576, 1997.
-  K. M. Lynch and C. Liu, “Designing Motion Guides for Ergonomic Collaborative Manipulation,” Proc. of 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA'00), pp. 2709-2715, 2000.
-  Yasuhisa Hirata, Yosuke Ojima, and Kazuhiro Kosuge, “Variable Motion Characteristics Control of an Object by Multiple Passive Mobile Robots in Cooperation with a Human,” Proc. of 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1346-1351, 2008.
-  Y. Aiyama, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Pivoting: A New Method of Graspless Manipulation of Object by Robot Fingers,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Inteligent Robots and Systems, pp. 136-143, 1993.
-  O. Khatib, “Inertial Properties in Robotic Manipulation : An Object-Level Framework,” Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 19-36, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.