Development of a High Precision Machining Center and its Motion Accuracy
Isao Oshita*, Hisashi Otsubo*, Masatoyo Sogabe**,
Yasusuke Iwashita**, and Yoshiaki Kakino***
*YASDA PRECISION TOOLS K.K., 1160 Hamanaka, Satosho-cho, Asakuchi, Okayama 719-0303, Japan
**FANUC LTD, 3580 Oshino-mura, Yamanashi 401-0597, Japan
***Kakino Research Laboratory, Iwakura-Hanazono-cho 256-5, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-0024, Japan
1.Straight line motion accuracy with a deviation of 0.2 μm/100 mm or less was attained. Also, the roundness of 0.36 μm of the arc interpolation movement was achieved, confirmed with a grid encorder. (“Roundness” in this study is defined as the magnitude of the deviation of either an arc or a circle as measured against their geometrically correct counterparts.)
2.As a position loop gain as high as Kp = 140/s was attained with the servo mechanism adopted, it was confirmed that the actual use of the micro step feed at uniform separations of 10 nanometers had become possible.
3.It became possible to mold a lens with a roundness of 0.53 μm and a surface roughness of 0.05μm Ra after machining. (“Ra” denotes the arithmetical average of surface roughness after machining.)
-  H. Suzuki, Y. Yamagata, and T. Higuchi, “Recent trend in Ultra-precision Machining System(<Special Issue>Latest Advances in Ultraprecision Machining Systems),” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering 72, 4, pp. 417-421, 2006.
-  M. Hamamura, J. Fujita, Y. Kakino, and A. Matsubara, “The Influence of Inertia Force and Viscous Friction on Contouring Errors in Circular Interpolation,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering 69, 9, pp. 1306-1311, 2003.
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “Mathematical Model of Feed Drive Systems Consisting of AC Servo Motor and Linear Ball Guide,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering. Supplement. Contributed papers 71, 5, pp. 633-638, 2005.
-  S. Kasai, T. Tsukada, and S. Kato, NSK Technical Journal (649), pp. 27-36, 1988/08.
-  Y. Misawa, S. Sugita, and O. Satoru, SANYO DENKI Technical Report No.15, pp. 25-27, 2003.
-  “General Catalog,” of HEIDENHAIN 350 457-25.10/2004K pp. 44-45.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.