Polishing Process Automation by Industrial Robots with Polished Surface Quality Judged Based on Imaging Processing
Tomoya Ito and Koichi Morishige
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems, The University of Electro-Communications
1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  N. Asakawa and Y. Takeuchi, “Automatic Deburring of Cast Iron Workpiece -- Removal of Projection on a Convex Sculptured Surface --,” Proc. of 3rd Japan-France Congress on Mechatronics, pp. 686-690, 1996.
-  N. Asakawa and Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous Polishing of Sculptured Surfaces by an Industrial Robot -- Automatic Selection of I-Shaped and L-Shaped Rotational Tools --,” Proc. of 29th CIRP Int. Seminar on Manufacturing Systems, pp. 370-375, 1997.
-  N. Asakawa, K. Toda, and Y. Takeuchi, “Automation of Chamfering by an Industrial Robot -- for the Case of Machined Hole on a Cylindrical Workpiece --,” Proc. of 1998 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2452-2457, 1998.
-  M. Hayashi, H. Iseno, and H. Yamauchi, “Periodic Background Image Classification and Approach of Scratch Detection,” Proceedings of the IEICE General Conference, pp. 129, 2006.
-  K. Morishige, Y. Ueki, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Automation of Polishing Process with Industrial Robots -- Polishing Path Generation in Consideration of Surface Curvature --,” Proc. of the International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century (LEM21), Vol.1, pp. 109-114, 2005.
-  D. Imadu and K. Morishige, “Automation of Polishing Process with Industrial Robots -- Evaluation of Polished Surface by Using Image Processing --,” Proc. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, 2006 Spring Semestrial Conference, pp. 1159-1160, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.