A Uniform Pressure Apparatus for Micro/Nanoimprint Lithography Equipment
Jian-Shian Lin*,**, Chieh-Lung Lai*, Ya-Chun Tu*, Cheng-Hua Wu*, and Yoshimi Takeuchi**
*Mechanical and System Research Laboratories, Industrial Technology Research Institute
195 Chung Hsing Rd., Sec.4 Chu Tung, HsinChu, Taiwan 310, R.O.C.
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Nanoimprint lithography (NIL) has overcome the limitation of light diffraction. It is capable of printing features less than 10nm in size with high lithographic resolution, high manufacturing speed, and low production cost. The uniformity of pressure, however, remains a critical issue. To improve the uniformity of pressure, we developed a flexible uniform pressure component based on Pascal’s Law. When external force is applied to this component, uniform pressure is delivered to the mold and substrate. Average pressure over the embossed area using our improved nanoimprint equipment deviates by only 3.15%.
-  S. Y. Chuo, P. R. Krauss, and P. J. Renstrom, "Imprint of sub-25nm vias and trenches in polymers," Applied Physics Letter, Vol.67, No.21, pp. 3114-3116, 1995.
-  D. H. Raguin and G. Michael Morris, "Analysis of antireflection-structured surfaces with continuous one-dimensional surface profiles," Applied Optics, Vol.32, No.14, pp. 2582-2598, 1993.
-  E. Noponen and J. Turunen, "Binary high-frequency-carrier diffractive optical elements: electromagnetic theory," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 1087-1096, 1994.
-  S. S. Wang, R. Magnusson, J. S. Bagby, and M. G. Moharam, "Guided-mode resonances in planar dielectric-layer diffraction gratings," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol.7, No.8, pp. 1470-1474, 1990.
-  S. Y. Chou, P. K. Krauss, and P. J. Renstrom, "Nanoimprint lithography," American Vacuum Society, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 4129-4133, 1996.
-  M. D. Austin, H. Ge, W. Wu, M. Li, Z. Yu, D. Wasserman, S. A. Lyon, and S. Y. Chou, "Fabrication of 5 nm linewidth and 14 nm pitch features by nanoimprint lithography," Applied Physics Letters, Vol.84, No.26, pp. 5299-5301, 2004.
-  H. Gao, H. Tan, W. Zhang, K. Morton, and S. Y. Chou, "Air Cushion Press for Excellent Uniformity, High Yield, and Fast Nanoimprint Across a 100 mm Field," NANO LETTERS, Vol.6, No.11, pp. 2438-2441, 2006.
-  J. H. Chang and S. Y. Yang, "Gas pressurized hot embossing for transcription of Micro-Feature," Microsystem Technologies, Vol.10, pp. 76-80, 2003.
-  J. H. Chang and S. Y. Yang, "Development of fluid-based heating and pressing for micro hot embossing," Microsystem Technologies, Vol.11, pp. 396-403, 2005.