Toyohashi University of Technology: The Direction the Center for Human-Robot Symbiosis Research Should Take and its Achievements to Date
Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi 441-8580, Japan
In the preface of this special issue, we will discuss the achievements of the Toyohashi University of Technology and the Center for Human-Robot Symbiosis Research so far and the direction they should proceed in hereafter. In particular, the history of the establishment of the center, research results until now, future activity plans, and this special issue are described.
-  K. Terashima, S. Takenoshita, J. Miura, R. Tasaki, M. Kitazaki, R. Saegusa, T. Miyoshi, N. Uchiyama, S. Sano, J. Satake, R. Ohmura, T. Fukushima, K. Kakihara, H. Kawamura, and M. Takahashi, “Medical Round Robot – Terapio –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.26, No.1, pp. 112-114, 2014.
-  K. Terashima (Ed.), “Life Support (Medical, Welfare, Nursing, and Rehabilitation) Robot Technology for the Future Aging Society,” Johokiko Co., Ltd., 2015.
-  Y. Tasaki, M. Kitazaki, J. Miura, T. Fukushima, and K. Terashima, “Design and development of a hospital rounds support robot,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.35, No.3, pp. 1-9, 2017.
-  K. Terashima and R. Saegusa, “Robot-Assisted Gait Training for Older Adults, NILTWAMOR and Lucia,” B. B. Neves and F. Vetere (Eds.), “Ageing and Digital Technology,” Chapter 17, pp. 267-283, Springer, Jan. 2019.
-  K. Funato, Y. Tasaki, T. Miyoshi. S. Kakihara, and K. Terashima, “Transfer Lift and Omni-directional Design and Analysis of a Deformable Assistive Care Robot with Mobile Wheelchair Function for a Series of Care Tasks,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, No.1, pp. 81-91, 2019.
-  H. Kitagawa, T. Terai, M. Panya, and K. Terashima, “Application of Neural Network for the Teaching of Massage to a Multi-Fingered Robot Hand,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.14, No.2, pp. 534-541, 2002.
-  K. Terashima, H. Kitagawa, T. Miyoshi, P. Minyong, and T. Kondo, “Modeling and Massage Control of Human Skin Muscle by Using Multi-Fingered Robot Hand,” J. of Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol.12, pp. 1-16, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.