Development of a New Pericardiocentesis Assist Device: Design Proposal and Evaluation of the Pericardium Grasping Mechanism
Yuta Fukushima*, Ryo Akita**, Kiyoshi Naemura**, and Hiroyuki Tsukihara***
*Department of Modern Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University
27 Waseda-chou, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0042, Japan
**Graduate School of Bionics, Computer and Media Sciences, Tokyo University of Technology
1404-1 Katakuramachi, Hachioji City, Tokyo 192-0982, Japan
***Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
-  D. El Haddad, C. Iliescu, S. W. Yusuf, W. N. Jr William, T. H. Khair, J. Song, and E. N. Mouhayar, “Outcomes of cancer patients undergoing percutaneous pericardiocentesis for pericardial effusion,” J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., Vol.66, No.10, pp. 1119-1128, 2015.
-  M. Y. Ho, J. L. Wang, Y. S. Lin, C. T. Mao, M. L. Tsai, M. S. Wen, C. C. Wang, I. C. Hsieh, K. C. Hung, C. Y. Wang, H. P. Wu, and T. H. Chen, “Pericardiocentesis adverse event risk factors: A nationwide population-based cohort study,” Cardiology, Vol.130, No.1, pp. 37-45, 2015.
-  JETRO, Research report, “The latest medical machine and technological direction that the medical front in U.S. have interest,” 2012.
-  M. Ogiwara, “Treatment of Left Ventricular Free Wall Rupture with Fibrin-glue in dogs,” Japanese J. of Cardiovascular Surgery, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 18-23, 1995.
-  T. S. Tsang, M. Enriquez-Sarano, W. K. Freeman, M. E. Barnes, L. J. Sinak, B. J. Gersh, K. R. Bailey, and J. B. Seward, “Consecutive 1127 therapeutic echocardiographically guided pericardiocenteses: clinical profile, practice patterns, and outcomes spanning 21 years,” Mayo Clin. Proc., Vol.77, No.5, pp. 429-436, 2002.
-  Y. Hosomi, Y. Ohkuma, and M. Shibuya, “Administration of anticancer drug in pericardial cavity,” Japanese J. of Cancer and Chemotherapy, Vol.35, No.6, pp. 906-909, 2008.
-  Olympus Co., Japan patent JP2014-8243, 2014.
-  Cormedics INC., Japan patent JP2001-516625, 2001.
-  Cormedics INC., Patent Application Publication US20130150877 A1, 2013.
-  N. Ejiri, R. Tanosaki, Y. Kurosaka, T. Ueda, I. Hayashi, H. Yamada, N. Yanai, and K. Karasawa, “The Hemodynamics before and after Aspiration of Pericardial Effusion,” Japanese Society of National Medical Services, Vol.44, No.1, pp. 44-47, 1990.
-  M. J. Lee and D. R. Boughner, “Mechanical properties of human pericardium. Differences in viscoelastic response when compared with canine pericardium,” Circulation Research, Vol.55, pp. 475-481, 1985.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.