Monitoring System for Elderly People Using Passive RFID Tags
Yoshikazu Mori* and Shinichiro Kido**
*Department of Intelligent Systems Engineering, Ibaraki University, 4-12-1 Nakanarusawa-cho, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki 316-8511, Japan
**Hitachi Industry & Control Solutions, Ltd., 5-1-26 Omika-cho, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki 319-1221, Japan
Monitoring system using RFID tags
-  H. I. Krebs and N. Hogan, “Therapeutic Robotics: A Technology Push,” Proc. of the IEEE Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Vol.94, No.9, pp. 1727-1738, 2006.
-  Y. Mori, K. Maejima, K. Inoue, N. Shiroma, and Y. Fukuoka, “ABLE: A Standing Style Transfer System for a Person with Disabled Lower Limbs (Improvement of Stability when Traveling),” Industrial Robot, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 234-245, 2011.
-  F. Cavallo, M. Aquilano, L. Odetti, M. Arvati, and M. C. Carrozza, “A first step toward a pervasive and smart ZigBee sensor system for assistance and rehabilitation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 632-637, 2009.
-  S. Abbate, M. Avvenuti, P. Corsini, J. Light, and A. Vecchio, “Monitoring of Human Movements for Fall Detection and Activities Recognition in Elderly Care Using Wireless Sensor Network: a Survey,” Wireless Sensor Networks: Application – Centric Design, Chapter 9, 2010. ISBN 978-953-307-321-7
-  I. Kitayama, K. Omori, H. Matsuno, Y. Sugimoto, K. Tamura, M. Tanaka, and K. Tuyama, “Wandering Prevision and Monitoring Systems for Persons with Dementia (Part 1) – Development ofWandering Prevision and Monitoring System –,” Report of The Hyogo Institute of Assistive Technology, pp. 92-97, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  I. Kitayama, K. Omori, H. Matsuno, and Y. Sugimoto, “Wandering Prevision and Monitoring Systems for Persons with Dementia (Part 2) – Usage Survey of Wandering Prevision and Monitoring System/Machine at Nursing Homes and Other Welfare Facilities –,” Report of the Hyogo Institute of Assistive Technology, pp. 98-111, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  K. Tanaka, S. Yoshitake, S. Nakashima, K. Haruyama, and Y. Wakasa, “Elderly People Behavior Detection System Using Several Ultrasonic Radars,” J. of Life Support Engineering, pp. 159-164, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  R. Kaji, K. Hirota, and T. Nishimura, “Proposal of detection method of the state of falling in closed space with RFID tag system,” IPSJ SIG Technical Report, Vol.2008-UBI-20, No.12, pp. 73-80, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  L. Ho, M. Moh, Z. Walker, T. Hamada, and C. F. Su, “A Prototype on RFID and Sensor Networks for Elder Healthcare: Progress Report,” SIGCOMM’05 Workshops, pp. 22-26, 2005.
-  Y. L. Lai and C. C. Chen, “An intelligent RFID fall notification system,” Int. J. of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 3133-3145, 2011.
-  M. Takahashi, “Antenna Design for RFID Tags,” Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., 2012 (in Japanese).
-  M. Inagaki and Y. Saito “Attenuation coefficients of water at lower frequency band,” Technical Report of IEICE SANE97-92, pp. 55-60, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  J. Huang, “The Finite Ground Plane Effect on the Microstrip Antenna Radiation Patterns,” IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol.AP-31, No.4, pp. 649-653, 1983.
-  H. Nomura, K. Kubota, H. Kurita, Y. Shimizu, and R. Sato, “Characteristics of Radiation Pattern of Patch Antenna with Sub Ground Planes,” Proc. of SICE Research Conf., pp. 1-8, 1996 (in Japanese).
Supporting Online Materials:[a] Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, “Population Estimates by Age (5-year Age Group) and Sex (Aug. 2013).”
http://www.stat.go.jp/data/jinsui/new.htm [Accessed December 5, 2013]
-  [b] Division of Facilities for Elderly People in Kanagawa, “Conduct manual for designated nursing care insurance companies.”
http://www.rakuraku.or.jp/kaigo2/work/lib/CT541ID5695N70.pdf [Accessed August 3, 2014]
-  [c] Hotron Co., Ltd. “Matta-Kun.”
http://www.hotron.co.jp/product05 1.php [Accessed December 5, 2013]
-  [d] Comfort Co., Ltd. “Angel-Eye.”
http://www.comf.co.jp/ [Accessed December 5, 2013]
-  [e] M. Kouchi, “AIST Database of Human Body Size 1991-92.”
http://www.dh.aist.go.jp/AIST91DB/91-92/data/list.html [Accessed December 5, 2013]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.