The Application of Robot Technologies to Disasters from Torrential Rains on Japan’s Kii Peninsula
Faculty of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
In anti-disaster robotics, it is important to identify problems specific to a target disaster and examine what technological problems remain in the identified problems. In this paper, the results of a survey on a disaster caused by torrential rains that occurred on the Kii Peninsula, Japan and of a study on the existing technological problems of robots are presented.
-  “Recent Natural Disaster in Japan,” Apendix of Whitepaper of antidisaster 2014, Apendix-61, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Japanese Geotechnical Society, The geological Society of Japan, Japan Society of Engineering Geology, Kansai Geotechnical Consultants Association, Chubu Geotechnical Consultants Association, “A report of geotechnical damage in Kii Peninsula by Typhon Talas,” 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Water and Disaster Management Bureau, “Disaster Information (10:00 a.m., January 11, 2012),” Ministry of Land, Infrastructuire, Transport and Tourism, Japan, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Water and Disaster Management Bureau, “Flood disaster report 2011,” 2012 (in Japanese).
-  “Not filled to landslide designated 50% of the caution area; 520, 000 places with the danger,” Nikkei Shinbun, November 11, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  “Damage of Typhon Talas, a tragedy during refuge,” Sankei Shinbun, August 11, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Conversazione about disaster coping, the restoration support with Construction machinery, “Reference documents for recommendations on disaster coping, the restoration support with Construction machinery,” 2007 (in Japanese).
- [a] “Action plan for anti-disaster, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Japan (revised in August, 2011).”
http://www.mlit.go.jp/saigai/gyoumukeikaku.html (in Japanese) [Accessed June 11, 2014]
Supporting Online Materials:
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.