Basic Study for New Assistive Technology Based on Brain Activity During Car Driving
Shunji Shimizu*1, Hiroaki Inoue*1, Hiroyuki Nara*2,
Takeshi Tsuruga*3, Fumikazu Miwakeichi*4, Nobuhide Hirai*5,
Senichiro Kikuchi*5, Eiju Watanabe*6, and Satoshi Kato*5
*1Reserch Course of Engineering/Management, Tokyo University of Science, Suwa, 5000-1 Toyohira, Chino, Nagano 371-0292, Japan
*2Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
*3Department of Clinical and Rehabilitation Engineering, Hokkaido Institute of Technology, 4-1 Maeda 7-jo 15-chome, Teine-ku, Sapporo-city, Hokkaido 006-8585, Japan
*4Spatial and Time Series Modeling Group, The Institute of Statical Mathematic, 10-3 Midori-cho, Tachikawa, Tokyo 190-8562, Japan
*5Department of Psychiatry, Jichi Medical University, 3311-1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329-0498, Japan
*6Department of Neurosurgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311-1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329-0498, Japan
-  M. J. Kahana, R. Sekuler, J. B. Caplan, M. Kirschen, and J. R.Madsen, “Human theta oscillations exhibit task dependence during virtual maze navigation,” Nature, Vol.399, pp. 781-784, 1999.
-  N. Nishiyama and Y. Yamaguchi, “Human EEG theta in the spatial recognition task,” Proc. of 5th World Multiconf. on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2001), Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Information Systems, Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS 2001), pp. 497-500, 2001.
-  E. A. Maguire, N. Burgess, J. G. Donnett, R. S. J. Frackowiak, C. D. Frith, and J. O’Keefe, “Knowing Where and Getting There: A Human Navigation Network,” Science, Vol.280, May 8, 1998.
-  C.-T. Lin, S.-A. Chen, T.-T. Chiu, H.-Zh. Lin, and L.-W. Ko, “Spatial and temporal EEG dynamics of dual-task driving performance,” J. of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, Vol.8, No.11, 2011.
-  S. Shimizu, N. Hirai, F. Miwakeichi et al., “Fundamental Study for Relationship between Cognitive task and Brain Activity during Car Driving,” Proc. the 13th Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction, pp. 434-440, San Diego, CA, USA, 2009.
-  N. Takahashi, S. Shimizu, Y. Hirata, H. Nara, F. Miwakeichi, N. Hirai, S. Kikuchi, E. Watanabe, and S. Kato, “Fundamental Study for a New Assistive System during Car Driving,” Proc. Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, China, 2010.
-  N. Takahashi, S. Shimizu, Y. Hirata, H. Nara, H. Inoue, N. Hirai, S. Kikuchi, E. Watanabe, and S. Kato, “Basic study of Analysis of Human Brain Activities during Car Driving,” the 14th Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction, Orlando, Florida, USA, 2011.
-  S. Shimizu, N. Takahashi, H. Nara, H. Inoue, and Y. Hirata, “Fundamental Study for Human Brain Activity Based on the Spatial Cognitive Task,” the 2011 Int. Conf. on Brain Informatics-BI, China, 2011.
-  S. Shimizu, H. Nara, N. Takahashi, H. Inoue, and, Y. Hirata, “Basic Study for Human Brain Activity Based on the Spatial Cognitive Task,” The Third Int. Conf. on Advanced Cognitive Techonologies and Applications, Italy, 2011.
-  J. Cockburn, “Task interruption in prospective memory: A frontal lobe function?,” Cortex, Vol.31, pp. 87-97, 1995.
-  E. Watanabe, Y. Yamashita, Y. Ito, and, H. Koizumi, “Non-invasive functional mapping with multi-channel near infra-red spectroscopic topography in humans,” Heurosci Lett., Vol.205, No.1, pp. 41-44, Feb. 16, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.