Measuring Particle Positions in Micro Channel with Multifiber Array
Ichiro Okuda*, Yasushi Mae*, Kenichi Ohara*,
Tomohito Takubo**, and Tatsuo Arai*
*Department of Systems Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1-3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-8531, Japan
**Department of Physical Electronics and Informatics, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka City University, 3-3-138 Sugimoto, Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka 558-8585, Japan
-  Y. Mae and T. Arai, “Micro robotics for biological application,” System, Contrtol and Information, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 64-69, 2009.
-  Y. Yamanishi, S. Sakuma, T. Iyanagi, F. Arai, T. Arai, A. Hasegawa, T. Tanikawa, A. Ichikawa, O. Satoh, A. Nakayama, H. Aso, M. Goto, S. Takahashi, and K. Matsukawa, “Design and Fabrication of All-in-One Unified Microfluidic Chip for Automation of Embryonic Cell Manipulation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 371-379, 2010.
-  T. Kawahara, T. Mizunuma, H. Uvet, M. Hagiwara, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “Development of on-chip automatic cell sensing and ejection system,” 14th Int. Conf. on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences, pp. 1781-1783, 2010.
-  K. Nakashima, H. Kanazawa, M. Takagi, S.Wakitani, and M. Inaki, “Development of the automatic cell processing machine for the adherent cell,” Inflammation and Regeneration, Vol.29, No.2, March 2009.
-  S.-Y. Lee, L.-X. Chen, J.-B. Choo, E.-K. Lee, and S.-H. Leeame, “Highly Sensitive Biological Analysis Using Optical Microfluidic Sensor,” J. of the Optical Society of Korea, Vol.10, Issue 3, pp. 130-142, 2006.
-  P. Mela, S. Onclin, M. H. Goedbloed, S. Levi, M. F. García-Parajó, N. F. van Hulst, B. J. Ravoo, D. N. Reinhoud, and A. van den Berg, “Monolayer-functionalized microfluidics devices for optical sensing of acidity,” The Royal Society of Chemistry 2005, Lab Chip, Vol.5, pp. 163-170, 2005.
-  S. Kim, L. Chen, and S. Lee, “Rapid DNA Hybridization Analysis Using a PDMS Microfluidic Sensor and a Molecular Beacon,” Analytical Sciences, Vol.23, pp. 401-405, April 2007.
-  C.Mou, K. Zhou, E. Davies, L. Zhang, and I. Bennion, “Fibre Laser Using a Microchannel Based Loss Tuning Element for Refractive Index Sensing,” Proc. of SPIE, Vol.7503, pp. 5D-1–5D4, 2009.
-  S. Thorslund, R. Larsson, F. Nikolajeff, J. Bergquist, and J. Sanchezame, “Bioactivated PDMS microchannel evaluated as sensor for human CD4+cells-The concept of a point-of-care method for HIV monitoring,” Sensors and Actuators B, Vol.123, pp. 847-855, 2007.
-  Y. Saitoh, I. Yamakawa, A. Kazusaka, K. Aoyanagi, and I. Sasaki, “Optical bio-sensing technique for metabolic enzyme and its application to food quality evaluation,” IEICE Tech. Rep., Vol.105, No.242, OFT2005-25, pp. 45-49, Aug. 2005.
-  T. Oba, Y. Kido, and Y. Nagasaka, “Development of laser-induced capillary wave method for viscosity measurement using pulsed carbon dioxide laser,” Int. J. of Thermophysics, Vol.25, No.5, pp. 1461-1474, 2004.
-  V. S. Tiwari, R. R. Kalluru, F. Y. Yueh, and J. P. Singh, “Fiber optic raman sensor to monitor the concentration ratio of nitrogen and oxygen in a cryogenic mixture,” Applied Optics, Vol.46, Issue 16, pp. 3345-3351, June 2007.
-  T. Hasegawa, T. Tsuji, K. Nakashima, and K. Ikuta, “Development of micro liquid installment injector,” Proc. of 23rd Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.23, p. 2A12, 2005.
-  Y.-C. Tung, M. Zhang, C.-T. Lin, K. Kurabayashi, and S.-J. Skerlos, “PDMS-based opto-fluidic micro flow cytometer with two-color, multi-angle fluorescence detection capability using PIN photodiodes,” Sensors and Actuators B, Vol.98, pp. 356-367, 2004.
-  K. Fujimoto, S. Kunimatsu, Y. Mae, T. Takubo, T. Arai, K. Inoue, and M. Yamada, “Implementation of cell detection mechanism on microfluidic chip,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 462-467, 2008.
-  M.-H. Wu, J. Wang, T. Taha, Z Cui, J. P. G. Urban, and Z. Cui, “Study of on-line monitoring of lactate based on optical fibre sensor and in-channel mixing mechanism,” Biomedical Microdevices, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 167-174, 2006.
-  G. L. Klunder and R. E. Russo, “Core-Based Intrinsic Fiber-Optic Absorption Sensor for the Detection of Volatile Organic Compounds,” Applied Spectroscopy, Vol.49, No.3, pp. 379-385, 1995.
-  H. Uvet, A. Hasegawa, K. Ohara, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, and T. Arai, “Vision-based automated single-cell loading and supply system,” IEEE Trans. on Nanobioscience, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 332-340, 2009.
-  I. Okuda, T. Arai, T. Takubo, A Hasegawa, Y. Mae, and K. Ohara, “Detection sensor for flowing particles in micro channel,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3679-3684, 2009.
-  I. Okuda, T. Arai, T. Takubo, A Hasegawa, Y. Mae, and K. Ohara, “Detection for Flowing Particles in Micro Channel with Multifiber Array Sensor,” SI2009, 2A1-K06, 2009.
-  I. Okuda, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, K. Ohara, F. Arai, and T. Arai, “Detection for Particles Moving in Micro Channel with Multifiber Array Sensor,” IEEJ Trans. on Sensors and Micromachine, Vol.132, No.7 pp. 203-211, 2012.
-  I. Okuda, Y. Mae, K. Ohara, T. Arai, and T. Takubo, “Measurement of Particle Position in Micro Channel using Two-Layer POF Array,” The 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 1462-1467, 2012.
-  N. Hashizume, C. Saito, T. Shimizu, Y. Hashimoto, H.Maemoto, N. Nida, and A. Nishida, “Some problems encountered in the measurement of impulse response waveform and frequency transfer function of plastic optical fiber,” Memoirs of Hiroshima Institute of Technology, Vol.41, pp. 1-6, 2007.
-  H. Ukita, “Micromechanical Photonics,” Tokyo, Morikita Publishing Co., Ltd., 2002 (in Japanese). ISBN: 4-627-78371-X
-  H. Nakajima, “Optical design with Excel,” Tokyo, Advanced Communication Media Co., Ltd., 2004 (in Japanese). ISBN: 978-4-915851-29-2
-  N. Koyama, K. Ohara, A. Hasegawa, T. Takubo, Y. Mae, and T. Arai, “Multiple Cell Suction and Supply System for Automated Cell Manipulation on Microfluidic Channel,” 2011 IEEE Conf. on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE2011), pp. 678-683, Trieste, Italy, Aug. 24-27, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.