Development of Danger Avoidance Assist System for Electric Cart
Masanori Sato, Tetsuo Tomizawa, Shunsuke Kudoh,
and Takashi Suehiro
The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  R. Kurozumi and T. Yamamoto, “Implementation of an Obstacle Avoidance Support System using Adaptive and Learning Schemes on Electric Wheelchairs,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1108-1113, Aug. 2005.
-  K. Kayama, I. Eguchi Yairi, and S. Igi, “Development of Semiautonomous Vehicle Supporting Elderly and Disabled People,” Information Processing Society of Japan, ITS, pp. 59-64, Sep. 2003. (in Japanese)
-  J. Borenstein and Y. Koren, “Real-time Obstacle Avoidance for Fast Mobile Robots in Cluttered Environments,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 572-577, May 1990.
-  D. A. Bell, J. Borenstein, S. P. Levine, Y. Korean, and L. Jaros, “An Assistive Navigation System for Wheelchairs Based upon Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2018-2022, May 1994.
-  D. Kim, J. Kim, J. Bae, and Y. Soh, “Development of an Enhanced Obstacle Avoidance Algorithm for a Network-based Autonomous Mobile Robot,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, pp. 102-105, May 2010.
-  J. Kim, J. Kim, and D. Kim, “Development of an Efficient Obstacle Avoidance Compensation Algorithm Considering a Network Delay for a Network-based Autonomous Mobile Robot,” Information Science and Applications (ICISA), 2011 Int. Conf., pp. 1-9, Apr. 2011.
-  G. Jianming, Z. Shouping, X. Jia, and Z. Shenghui, “Kalman Prediction Based VFH of Dynamic Obstacle Avoidance for Intelligent Vehicles,” Int. Conf. on Computer Application and System Modeling (ICCASM), pp. 1-9, 2010.
Supporting Online Materials:[a] Electric Wheelchair Safety Promotion Association, “Electric Wheelchair Shipment/Cumulative Shipments,”
http://www.den-ankyo.org/society/transition.html (in Japanese)
-  [b] Incorporated Administrative Agency National Institute of Technology and Evaluation, “About the Prevention of the Accident with Electric Cart,”
-  [c] Consumer Affairs Agency, “Calling Attention to the Use of Electric Wheelchairs,”
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.