Pneumatically Driven Prehension Orthosis with Force Control Function
Shunji Moromugi*1, Takayuki Tanaka*2, Toshio Higashi*3,
Maria Q. Feng*4, and Takakazu Ishimatsu*1
*1Graduate School of Engineering, Nagasaki University, 1-14 Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki-shi, Nagasaki 852-8521, Japan
*2Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
*3Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Nagasaki University, 1-12-4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki-shi, Nagasaki 852-8523, Japan
*4Columbia University in the City of New York, New York, NY, USA
-  T. J. Engen, “Development of upper extremity orthotics,” Orth. and Pros., Vol.24, No.2, pp. 1-31, 1970.
-  W. Hector and M. Kay, “Clinical evaluation of the engen plastic hand orthosis,” Artificial Limbs, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 13-26, 1969.
-  N. Benjuya and S. B. Kenney, “Myoelectric hand orthosis,” J. of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 149-154, 1990.
-  M. Slack and D. Berbrayer, “A Myoelectrically Controlled Wrist-Hand Orthosis for Brachial Plexus Injury: A Case Study,” J. of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 171-174, 1992.
-  K. Tadano, M. Akai, K. Kadota, and K. Kawashima, “Development of Grip Amplified Glove using Bi-articular Mechanism with Pneumatic Artificial Rubber Muscle,” 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation Anchorage Convention District, pp. 2363-2368, 2010.
-  Y. Kadowaki, T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, D. Sasaki, and M. Kato, “Development of soft power-assist glove and control based on human intent,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.2, 2011.
-  Y. Hasegawa, Y. Mikami, K. Watanabe, Z. Firouzimehr, and Y. Sankai, “Wearable handling support system for paralysed patient,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 22-26, 2008.
-  S. Moromugi, Y. Koujina, S. Ariki, A. Okamoto, T. Tanaka, M. Q. Feng, and T. Ishimatsu, “Muscle Stiffness Sensor to control assisting device for disabled,” Proc. 8th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, Oita, Japan, pp. 459-462, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.