Fluorescent-Based Temperature Measurement with Simple Compensation of Photo-Degradation Using Hydrogel-Tool and Color Space Conversion
Hisataka Maruyama, Taisuke Masuda, and Fumihito Arai
Department of Micro-Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
-  Y. Wakamoto, J. Ramsden, and K. Yasuda, “Single-cell growth and division dynamics showing epigenetic correlations,” Analyst, Vol.130, pp. 311-317, 2004.
-  N. Klauke, P.Monaghan et al., “Characterisation of spatial and temporal changes in pH gradients in microfluidic channels using optically trapped fluorescent sensors,” Lab on a Chip, Vol.6, pp. 788-793, 2006.
-  Z. Zhang and S. Achilefu, “Design, synthesis and evaluation of near-infrared fluorescent pH indicators in a physiologically relevant range,” Chem. Commun., pp. 5887-5889, 2005.
-  M. Suzuki, V. Tseeb, K. Oyama, and S. Ishiwata, “Microscopic detection of thermogenesisin a single HeLa cell,” Biophysical J., L46-L48, 2007.
-  T. Mirfakhrai, J. Oh, M. Kozlov, S. Fang, M. Zhang, R. Baughman, and J. Madden, “Mechanoelectrical Force Sensors Using Twisted Yarns of Carbon Nanotubes,” Trans. onMechatronics, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 90-97, 2011.
-  S. M. Borisov, C. Krause, S. Arain, and O. S. Wolfbeis, “CompositeMaterial for Simultaneous and Contactless Luminescent Sensing and Imaging of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide,” Advanced Materials, Vol.18, pp. 1511-1516, 2006.
-  S. Nagl and O. S. Wolfbeis, “Optical multiple chemical sensing: status and current challenges,” The Analyst, Vol.132, pp. 507-511, 2007.
-  K. Sakaki, Z. Y. Shi, R. Kopelman, and H. Masuhara, “Three-Dimensional pH Microprobing with an Optically-Manipulated Fluorescent particle,” Chemistry Letters, Vol.25, pp. 141-142, 1996.
-  K. Onda and F. Arai, “Multi-beam bilateral teleoperation of holographic optical tweezers accelerated by general-purpose GPU,” Optics Express, Vol.20, pp. 3642-3653, 2012.
-  J. K. Cho, L. S.Wong et al., “PH Indicating resins,” Chemical Communications, pp. 1470-1471, 2004.
-  C.-H. Chang, H. Ogawa et al., “Healthcare chip based on integrated electrochemical sensors used for clinical diagnostics of BUN,” Japanese J. of Applied Physics, Vol.45, pp. 4241-4247, 2006.
-  H. Maruyama, F. Arai, and T. Fukuda, “On-Chip pH Measurement Using Functionalized Gel-Microbeads Positioned by Optical Tweezers,” Lab on a Chip, Vol.7, pp. 346-351, 2008.
-  J. Zhou, L. Li, Z. Gui, S. Buddhudu, and Y. Zhou, “Photoluminescence of CdSe nanocrystallites embedded in BaTiO3 matrix,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.76, No.12, pp. 1540-1542, 2000.
-  G. W. Walker, V. C. Sundar, C. M. Rudzinski, A. W. Wun, M. G. Bawendi, and D. G. Nocera, “Quantum-dot optical temperature probes,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.83, No.17, pp. 3555-3557, 2003.
-  A. Al Salman, A. Tortschanoff, M. B. Mohamed, D. Tonti, F. van Mourik, and M. Cherguic, “Temperature effects on the spectral properties of colloidal CdSe nanodots, nanorods, and tetrapods,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.90, pp. 093104-1-093104-3, 2007.
-  H. Maruyama, T. Fukuda, and F. Arai, “Optical Adhesion Control of HydrogelMicrotools for On-Demand Immobilization andMeasurement of Cells on a Microfluidic Chip,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.5, pp. 631-638, 2010.
-  W. Kunz, J. Henle, and B.W. Ninham, “‘Zur Lehre von derWirkung der Salze’ (about the science of the effect of salts): Franz Hofmeister’s historical papers,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, Vol.9, pp. 19-37, 2004.
-  H. Maruyama, T. Fukuda, and F. Arai, “Functional gel-microbead manipulated by optical tweezers for local environment measurement in mi-crochip,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol.6, pp. 383-390, 2009.
-  H. Stern and B. Efros, “Adaptive color space switching for tracking under varying illumination,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.23, pp. 353-364, 2005.
-  F. Arai, K. Yoshikawa, T. Sakami, and T. Fukuda, “Synchronized laser micromanipulation of multiple targets along each trajectory by single laser,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.85, pp. 4301-4303, 2004.
-  H. Maruyama, K. Kotani, T. Masuda, A. Honda, T. Takahata, and F. Arai, “Nanomanipulation of single influenza virus using dielectrophoretic concentration and optical tweezers for single virus infection to a specific cell on a microfluidic chip,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol.10, pp. 1109-1117, 2011.
-  M. Hagiwara, T. Kawahara, Y. Yamanishi, and F. Arai, “Precise Control of Magnetically Driven Microtools for Enucleation of Oocytes in a Microfluidic Chip,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 991-1005, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.