Grasp Motion Planning with Redundant DOF of Grasping Pose
Kazuyuki Nagase and Yasumichi Aiyama
Graduate School of System and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
In this paper, we propose a new method of grasp planning for a manipulator with a parallel jaw gripper in obstacle environment. We consider collision avoidance as a problem of motion planning in obstacle environments. In general, however, a redundant degree of freedom (DOF) is required to avoid obstacle and to grasp. In our proposal, we pay attention to redundant DOF in a grasping pose. Using redundant DOF in a grasping pose, a manipulator can avoid obstacles and grasp a target object. It does not require any redundant manipulators.
-  A. Takenouchi, N. Kanamaru, and M. Mizukawa, “Combination of Object Detection and Path Planning Using the Environment Information for Bin-picking,” J. RSJ, Vol.17, No.7 , pp. 1044-1041, 1999.
-  K. Nagase, Y. Aiyama, and S. Kimura, “The approach for a target by impedance control using virtual reaction force from sight,” Proc. 2011 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics (ROBOMEC 2011), 1A1-H10, 2011.
-  Y. Funahashi and T. Yamada, “Estimation of Post ion and Orientation of an Object Grasped by a Parallel-Jaw Gripper,” J. JSME (Series C), Vol.60, No.580, pp. 4161-4167, 1994.
-  N. Vahrenkamp, M. Do, T. Asfour, and R. Dillmann, “Integrated Grasp and Motion Planning,” Proc. 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2010), pp. 2883-2888, 2010.
-  H. Ding and S. P. Chan, “A Real-Time Planning Algorithm for Obstacle Avoidance of Redundant Robots,” J. Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.16, pp. 229-243, 1996.
-  S.-J. Le and H. Yamakawa, “Study on Minimum Energy Collision-Free Trajectory Planning for Rigid Manipulators,” Int. J. JSME, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 101-107, 1998.
-  H. Qiu, H. Ozaki, C.-J. Lin, and Z.-Y. Li, “An Approach to Collision-Free Trajectory Planning for Manipulators,” J. JSME (Series C), Vol.68, No.666, pp. 501-508, 2002.
-  I. Nagata, M. Hamaguchi, and T. Taniguchi, “Obstacle Avoidance for 7-DOF Manipulator Utilizing Kinematic Redundancy (An Approach to Joint Rate Vector Using Immune Algorithm),” Proc. 2007 JSME Symp. Chugoku and Shikoku Section, 2007.
-  S. M. Khansari-Zadeh and A. Billard, “A Dynamical System Approach to Realtime Obstacle Avoidance,” Autonomous Robots, 2012.
-  H. Terasaki, T. Hasegawa, and H. Takahashi, “Automatic Grasping and Regrasping for Pick-and-Place Operation on Polyhedra by Two-Fingered Gripper,” J. RSJ, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 273-282, 1992.
-  N. Yamanobe and K. Nagata, “Modeling of Grasping Objects for Pickup Operation by Parallel Two-Fingered Gripper,” Proc. 2008 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics (ROBOMEC 2008), 1P1-A19, 2008.
-  O. Kanoun, F. Lamiraux, and P.-B. Wieber, “Kinematic Control of Redundant Manipulators: Generalizing the Task-Priority Framework to Inequality Task,” IEEE Trans. Robotics, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 785-792, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.