Development of Method Using a Combination of DGPS and Scan Matching for the Making of Occupancy Grid Maps for Localization
Junji Eguchi and Koichi Ozaki
Utsunomiya University, 7-1-2 Yoto, Utsunomiya-city, Tochigi 321-8585, Japan
-  S. Yuta, M. Mizukawa, and H. Hashimoto, “Tsukuba Challenge: The Purpose and Results,” J. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.49, No.9, pp. 572-578, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  K. Irie, T. Yoshida, E. Koyanagi, and M. Tomono, “A Localization Method Using Gyro-assisted Odometry and 3D Laser Scanner Considering Gyro Drift Error,” 2010 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-E01, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Yokozuka, Y. Suzuki, T. Takei, N. Hashimoto, and O. Matsumoto, “Auxiliary Particle Filter Localization for Intelligent Wheelchair Systems in Urban Environments,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 758-765, 2010.
-  T. Tomizawa, S. Muramatsu, M. Sato, M. Hirai, S. Kudoh, and T. Suehiro, “Development of an Intelligent Senior-Car in a Pedestrian Walkway,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.26, No.14, 2012.
-  H. Date and Y. Takita, “Real world experiments of an autonomous mobile robot in the pedestrian environment,” in: Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Automation, Robotics and Applications, pp. 413-418, Wellington, New Zealand, 2011.
-  T. Suzuki et al., “The Possibility of the Precise Positioning andMultipath Error Mitigation in the Real-time,” The 2004 Int. Symposium on GNSS/GPS, 2004.
-  K. Ohno, T. Tsubouchi, B. Shigematsu, and S. Yuta, “Differential GPS and odometry-based outdoor navigation of a mobile robot,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 611-635, 2004.
-  E. Takeuchi, M. Yamazaki, K. Ohno, and S. Tadokoro, “GPS Measurement Model with Satellite Visibility using 3D Map for Particle Filter,” 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2011), 2011.
-  M. Kitamura, T. Suzuki, Y. Amano, and T. Hashizume, “Improvement of GPS and GLONASS Positioning Accuracy by Multipath Mitigation Using Omnidirectional Infrared Camera,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.6 pp. 1125-1131, 2011.
-  Y. Hara, H. Kawata, A. Ohya, and S.Yuta, “Map Building for Mobile Robots using a SOKUIKI Sensor – Robust Scan Matching using Laser Reflectance Intensity –,” SICE-ICASE Int. Joint Conf. 2006, SE14-4, 2006.
-  H. Date and Y. Takita, “Real World Experiments of Autonomous Mobile Robot Smart Dump – Influence and Countermeasure of Human Crowd Behavior in a Pedestrian Environment –,” J. of Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 305-313, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Morales, E. Takeuchi, and T. Tsubouchi, “Vehicle Localization in Outdoor Woodland Environment with sensor fault detection,” Proc. of the ICRA 2008, pp. 449-454, 2008.
-  M. Montemerlo, S. Thun, D. Koller, and B. Wegbreit, “FastSLAM: A factored solution to simultaneous mapping and localization,” in: Proc. National Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.