Development of Noncircular Wheel “TFW” for Traveling over a Single Step only by Rotational Movement
Tomohiko Oki and Toshio Morita
Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kouhoku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
-  H. G. Nguyen, J. Morrell, K. Mullens, A. Burmeister, S. Miles, N. Farrington, K. Thomas, and D. Gage, “Segway robotic mobility platform,” In SPIE Proc. 5609: Mobile Robots XVII, 2004.
-  Y. Uchida, K. Furuichi, and S. Hirose, “Fundamental Performance of 6 Wheeled Off-Road Vehicle “HELIOS-V”,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2336-2341, 1999.
-  T. Thueer, A. Krebs, R. Siegwart, and P. Lamon, “Performance Comparison of Rough-Terrain Robots – Simulation and Hardware,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 251-271, 2007.
-  T. Estier, Y. Crausaz, B. Merminod, M. Lauria, R. Piguet, and R. Siegwart, “An Innovative Space Rover with Extended Climbing Abilities,” Proc. of Space and Robotics, pp. 333-339, 2000.
-  J. Yuan and S. Hirose, “Zero Carrier: A Novel Eight Leg-Wheels Hybrid Stair Climbing Mobile Vehicle,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 44-51, 2005.
-  M. Lauria, Y. Piguet, and R. Siegwart, “OCTOPUS: AN AUTONOMOUS WHEELED CLIMBING ROBOT,” Proc. Int. Conf. on Climbing and Walking Robots, pp. 315-322, 2002.
-  H. Okada, T. Iwamoto, and K. Shibuya, “Rescue Robot Vehicle for Water Disaster with Variable Configuration Segmented Wheels,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 278-285, 2006.
-  K. Sakaguchi, T. Sudo, N. Bushida, Y. Chiba, Y. Asai, and K. Kikuchi, “Wheel-Based Stair Climbing Robot with Hopping Mechanism – Fast Stair Climbing and Soft Landing Using Vibration of 2-DOF System –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 258-263, 2007.
-  R. T. Schroer, M. J. Boggess, R. J. Bachmann, R. D. Quinn, and R. E. Ritzmann, “Comparing Cockroach and Whegs Robot Body Motions,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3288-3293, 2004.
-  U. Saranli, M. Buehler, and D. E. Koditschek, “RHex: A Simple and Highly Mobile Hexapod Robot,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.20, No.7, pp. 216-631, 2001.
-  E. Z. Moore, D.Campbell, F. Grimminger, and M. Buehler, “Reliable Stair Climbing in the Simple Hexapod ‘RHex’,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2222-2227, 2002.
-  Supporting Online Materials:[a] iRobot Corporation, iRobot Roomba ® Vacuum Cleaning Robot.
-  [b] Segway Inc., Segway Product.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.