Tether Based Locomotion for Astronaut Support Robot Introduction of Robot Experiment on JEM
Mitsuhiro Yamazumi and Mitsushige Oda
Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
-  R. McGregor and L. Oshinowo, “Flight 6A: Deployment and Checkout of the Space Station Remote Manipulator System (SSRMS),” i-SAIRAS, 2001.
-  M. Oda, “Tethered robot which moves along a large space structure,” Proc. of the Space Science and Technology Symposium, Paper ID: 1D03, 2007.
-  “STS-123 Press Kit,” NASA, 2008.
-  R. O. Ambrose et al., “Robonaut: NASA’s Space Humanoid,” Intelligent Systems, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 57-63, 2000.
-  M. Oda, H. Sawada, M. Yoshi, K. Konoue, H. Kato, S. Suzuki, Y. Hagiwara, and T. Ueno, “Proposal of a Tethered Space Walking Robot – REX-J: Robot Experiment on JEM –,” Trans. of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Space Technology Japan, Vol.7, 2009.
-  S. E. Fredrickson, L. W. Abbott, S. Duran, J. D. Jochim, J. W. Studak, J. D. Wagenknecht, and N. M. Williams, “Mini AERCam: development of a free-flying nanosatellite inspection robot,” Proc. SPIE, Vol.5088, Vol.97, 2003.
-  F. Didot et al., “Eurobot Underwater Model : System Overview, Tests Results & Outlook,” Proc. of 9th Int. Symposium on Artificial Intelligence. Robotics and Automation in Space, Los Angeles, California, Feb. 26-29, 2008.
-  R. Hayashi, S. Matunaga, and Y. Ohkami, “Capability Evaluation of Reconfigurable Brachiating Space Robot,” IECON 2000: 26th Annual Conf. of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Vol.4, pp. 2461-2466, Nagoya, Japan, 2000.
-  P. L. Swaim, J. T. Thompson, and P. D. Campbell, “The Charlotte, Intra-Vehicular Robot,” Proc. Int. Symp. AI, Robot. Autom. Space, Jpn., pp. 157-162, 1996.
-  T. Ueno and M. Oda, “Development of an Index Finger for the Dexterous Hand for Space,” Trans. of th Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.28, pp. 349-359, 2010.
-  M. Oda, “Experiences and lessons learned from the ETS-VII robot satellite,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA ’00), Vol.1, pp. 914-919, CA, USA, 2000.
-  A. Ueta and M. Oda, “A Ground-Based Operation System for EVA Support Robot Experiments,” i-SAIRAS, 093, 2010.
-  J. S. Albus, R. V. Bostelman, and N. G. Dagalakis, “The NIST ROBOCRANE, A Robot Crane,” J. of Robotic Systems, July 1992.
-  S. Kawamura, W. Choe, S. Tanaka, and S. R. Pandian, “Development of an ultrahigh speed robot FALCON using wire drive system,” Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp. 215-220, 1995.
-  L. L. Cone, “Skycam, an aerial robotic camera system,” Byte, Vol.10, pp. 122-132, 1985.
-  E. F. Fukushima, N. Kitamura, and S. Hirose, “A new flexible component for field robotic system,” Robotics and Automation, Proc. of the ICRA, Vol.3, pp. 2583-2588, 2000.
-  R. G. Roberts, T. Graham, and J. M. Trumpower, “On the inverse kinematics, statics, and fault tolerance of cable-suspended robots,” J. of Robotic Systems, Vol.15, Issue 10, pp. 581-597, 1998.
-  E. Ottaviano, M. Ceccarelli, and P. Pelagalli, “A performance analysis of a 4 cable-driven parallel manipulator,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems (CIS) and Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (RAM), June 7-9, Bankok, Thailand, 2006.
-  M. Yamazumi, M. Oda, N. Miura, and T. Ueno, “Spatial Locomotion of Tether Based Robot,” i-SAIRAS, 114, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.