Indoor Localization of Flying Robot by Means of Infrared Sensors
Daisuke Iwakura and Kenzo Nonami
Division of Artificial Systems Science, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cyo, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  D. H. Shim, H. J. Kim, and S. Sastry, “A Flight Control System for Aerial Robots: Algorithms and Experiments,” 15th IFAC World Congress on Automatic Control, 2002.
-  G. Hoffmann, D. G. Rajnarayan, S. L. Waslander, D. Dostal, J. S. Jang, and Claire J. Tomlin, “The Stanford Testbed of Autonomous Rotorcraft for Multi Agent Control (STARMAC),” In Proc. of the 23rd Digital Avionics Systems Conf. Salt Lake City, UT, 2004.
-  S. L. Waslander, G. M. Hoffmann, J. S. Jang, and C. J. Tomlin, “Multi-Agent Quadrotor Testbed Control Design: Integral Sliding Mode vs. Reinforcement Learning,” In Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS’05), Edmonton, Canada, pp. 3712-3717, 2005.
-  H. Nakanishi, S. Kanata, and T. Sawaragi, “Improved Stability Using Environmental Adaptive Yaw Control for Autonomous Unmanned Helicopter and Bifurcation of Maneuvering in Turning,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 1091-1099, 2011.
-  H. Saiki, T. Fukao, T. Urakubo, and T. Kohno, “Hovering Control of Outdoor Blimp Robots Based on Path Following,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 207-214, 2011.
-  O. Amidi, T. Kanade, and R. Miller, “Vision-Based Autonomous Helicopter Research at Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute 1991-1997,” In Proc. of the American Helicopter Society, Gifu, Japan, 1998.
-  K. Nonami, F. Kendoul, S. Suzuki, W. Wang, and D. Nakazawa, “Autonomous Flying Robots,” Springer, 2010.
-  S. Azrad, F. Kendoul, and K. Nonami, “Visual Survoing of Quadrotor Micro-Air Vehicle Using Color-Based Tracking Algorithm,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.4, No.2, 2010.
-  S. Grzonka, G. Grisetti, and W. Burgard, “A Fully Autonomous Indoor Quadrotor,” IEEE Trans. on robotics, Vol.28, No.1, pp. 90-100, 2012.
-  L. Meier, P. Tanskanen, L. Heng, G. H. Lee, F. Fraundorfer, and M. Pollefeys, “PIXHAWK: A micro aerial vehicle design for autonomous flight using onboard computer vision,” Autonomous Robots, Springer, 2012.
-  M. Achtelik, A. Bachrach, R. He, S. Prentice, and N. Roy, “Autonomous navigation and exploration of a quadrotor helicopter in GPS-denied indoor environments,” In Robotics: Science and Systems Conf., 2008.
-  J. F. Roberts, T. S. Stirling, J. C. Zufferey, and D. Floreano, “Quadrotor Using Minimal Sensing For Autonomous Indoor Flight,” European Micro Air Vehicle Conf. and Flight Competition (EMAV), Toulouse, France, 2007.
-  D. M. Sobers, Jr., G. Chowdhary, and E. N. Johnson, “Indoor Navigation for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conf., Chicago, pp. 1-29, 2009.
-  D. Pebrianti, W.Wang, D. Iwakura, Y. Song, and K. Nonami, “Sliding Mode Controller for Stereo Vision Based Autonomous Flight of Quad-Rotor MAV,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 137-148, 2011.
-  H. Oh, D.-Y.Won, S.-S.Huh, D. H. Shim,M.-J. Tahk, and A. Tsourdos, “Indoor UAV Control Using Multi-Camera Visual Feedback,” J. of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, Vol.61, No.1-4, pp. 57-84, 2011.
-  J. F. Roberts, T. Stirling, J. C. Zufferey, and D. Floreano, “3-D relative positioning sensor for indoor flying robots,” Autonomous Robots, Springer, Vol.33, No.1-2, pp. 5-20, 2012.
-  J. Eckert, R. German, and F. Dressler, “On Autonomous Indoor Flights: High-Quality Real-Time Localization using Low-Cost Sensors,” IEEEWorkshop on Wireless Sensor Actor and Actuator Networks (WiSAAN 2012) Ottawa Canada, 2012.
-  M. Hehn and R. D’Andrea, “A Flying Inverted Pendulum,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2011), Shanghai, China, pp. 763-770, 2011.
-  D. Mellinger, N. Michael, and V. Kumar, “Trajectory generation and control for precise aggressive maneuvers with quadrotors,” The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Version of Record – April 19, 2012.
-  M. F. Abas, D. Pebrianti, S. Azrad, D. Iwakura, Y. Song, K. Nonami, and D. Fujiwara, “Circular Leader-Follower Formation Control of Quad-rotor Aerial Vehicles,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.1, 2013.
-  A. Mokhtari, A. Benallegue, and A. Belaidi, “Polynomial Linear Quadratic Gaussian and Sliding Mode Observer for a Quadrotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 483-495, 2005.
-  T. Toksoz, J. Redding, M. Michini, B. Michini, and J. P. How, “Automated Battery Swap and Recharge to Enable Persistent UAV Missions,” AIAA infotech@Aerospace Conf. 2011, AIAA-2011-1405, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2011.
-  H. Ayusawa, D. Iwakura, D. Nguyen, X. Wu, K. Nonami, and D. Fujiwara, “Development of the Autonomous Battery Exchanging System for MAV,” The Int. Conf. on Intelligent Unmanned Systems (ICIUS 2011) MoPmA1-4, 2011.
-  B. Griffin and C. Detweiler, “Resonant Wireless Power Transfer to Ground Sensors from a UAV,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2012), Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA, pp. 2660-2665, 2012.
-  D. Iwakura, W.Wang, K. Nonami, and M. Haley, “Movable Range-Finding Sensor System and Precise Automated Landing of Quad-Rotor MAV,” J. of System Design and Dynamics, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 17-29, 2010.
-  D. Iwakura, K. Nonami, and D. Fujiwara, “Indoor Localization of Flying Robot Equipped with Infrared Distance Sensors (in Japanese),” Proc. of the 12th Symp. on Motion And Vibration Control, pp. 253-258, 2011.
-  G. Kitagawa, “Monte Carlo Filter and Smoother for Non-Gaussian Nonlinear State Space Models,” J. of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Vol.5, pp. 1-25, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.