Recognition of Face Orientations Based on Nostril Feature
Nobuaki Nakazawa*, Takashi Mori*, Aya Maeda*,
Il-Hwan Kim**, Toshikazu Matsui*, and Kou Yamada*
*Graduate School of Engineering, Gunma University, 29-1 Hon-cho, Oota, Gunma 373-0057, Japan
**Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Kangwon National University, 1 Kangwondaehak-gil, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do 200-701, Korea
-  T. Ochiai et al., “Data Input Device for Physically Handicapped People Operated by Eye Movements,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.63, No.609, pp. 1546-1550, 1997.
-  T. Tsuji et al., “An EMG Controlled Pointing Device Using a Neural Network,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.37, No.5, pp. 425-433, 2001.
-  T. Hatakeyama et al., “Pointing Device Incorporating the Automatic Location Compensation Feature for People with Severe Physical Disability,” J. of Human Interface Society, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 13-20, 1999.
-  N. Nakazawa et al., “Development of Welfare Support-Equipment for Personal Computer Operation with Head Tilting and Breathing,” Proc. of the 31st Annual Conf. of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 201-206, Nov. 2005.
-  M. Hashimoto et al., “Application of the Teeth Chattering Sound and Humming to the Alternative Switch of a Pointing Device,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J84-D-1, No.7, pp. 1112-1116, 2001.
-  Y. Ichinose et al., “Human Interface Using a Wireless Tongue-Palate Contact Pressure Sensor System and Its Application to the Control of an Electric Wheelchair,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.J86-D-II, No.2, pp. 364-367, 2003.
-  J. Yang et al., “Two-Dimensional PCA: A New Approach to Appearance-Based Face Representation and Recognition,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.26, No.1, pp. 131-137, 2004.
-  H. Ohta et al., “A Method of 3-D Measurement of Facial Feature points using the HeadMotion,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Technical Report of ICICE, DSP2000-118, pp. 5-12, 2000.
-  Y. Adachi et al., “Intelligent Wheelchair Using Visual Information from the Human Face,” J. of the Robotic Society of Japan, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 423-431, 1999.
-  T. F. Cootes et al., “Active Shape Models – Their Training and application,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 38-59, 1995.
-  F. Dornaika et al., “Fast and Reliable Active Appearance Model Search for 3D Face Tracking,” Proc. of Mirage, pp. 113-122, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.