3-D Biped Walking Using Double Support Phase and Swing Leg Retraction Based on the Assumption of Point-Contact
Tadayoshi Aoyama*, Kosuke Sekiyama**, Zhiguo Lu**,
Yasuhisa Hasegawa***, and Toshio Fukuda**
*Department of System Cybernetics, Hiroshima University, 4-1 Kagamiyama 1-chome, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
**Department of Micro-Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
***Department Intelligent Interaction Technologies, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba 305-8573, Japan
-  K. Hirai, M. Hirose, Y. Haikawa, and T. Takenaka, “The Development of Honda Humanoid Robot,” In Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1321-1326, 1998.
-  K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, M. Morisawa, K. Miura, S. Nakaoka, and S. Kajita, “Cybernetic Human HRP-4C,” In Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 7-14, 2009.
-  H. Kondo, Y. Ogura, K. Shimomura, S. Momoki, T. Okubo, H.-O. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Kinodynamic Planning for Humanoid Robots Walking on Uneven Terrain,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 739-749, 2008.
-  Y. Kuroki, T. Ishida, J. Yamaguchi, M. Fujita, and T. T. Doi, “A Small Biped Entertainment Robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 6-12, 2002.
-  M. Vukobratovic and B. Borovac, “ZERO-MOMENT POINT – THIRTY FIVE YEARS OF ITS LIFE,” Int. J. of Humanoid Robotics, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 157-173, 2004.
-  K. Harada, M. Morisawa, S. Nakaoka, K. Kaneko, and S. Kajita, “Kinodynamic Planning for Humanoid Robots Walking on Uneven Terrain,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 311-316, 2009.
-  S. Kajita, M. Morisawa, K. Miura, S. Nakaoka, K. Harada, K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, and K. Yokoi, “Biped Walking Stabilization Based on Linear Inverted Pendulum Tracking,” In Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4489-4496, 2010.
-  K. Nishiwaki and S. Kagami, “Strategies for Adjusting the ZMP Reference Trajectory for Maintaining Balance in Humanoid Walking,” In Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4230-4236, 2010.
-  S. Collins, A. Ruina, R. Tedrake, and M. Wisse, “Efficient Bipedal Robots Based on Passive-Dynamic Walkers,” Science, Vol.307, pp. 1082-1085, 2005.
-  K. Ono, T. Furuichi, and R. Takahashi, “Self-Excited Walking of a Biped Mechanism With Feet,” The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 55-68, 2004.
-  C. Chevallereau, “Time-Scaling Control for an Underactuated Biped Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 362-368, 2003.
-  J. W. Grizzle, G. Abba, and F. Plestan, “Asymptotically Stable Walking for Biped Robots: Analysis via Systems with Impulse Effects,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.46, No.1, pp. 51-64, 2001.
-  E. R. Westervelt, G. Buche, and J. Grizzle, “Experimental Validation of a Framework for the Design of Controllers that Induce Stable Walking in Planar Bipeds,” The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 559-582, 2004.
-  E. R.Westervelt, J.W. Grizzle, and D. E. Koditschek, “Hybrid Zero Dynamics of Planar Biped Walkers,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 42-56, 2003.
-  C. Chevallereau, J. W. Grizzle, and C.-L. Shih, “Asymptotically Stable Walking of a Five-Link Underactuated 3-D Bipedal Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 37-50, 2009.
-  M. Doi, Y. Hasegawa, and T. Fukuda, “Control of Smooth Biped Walking by Means of Heel-Off Motion,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 353-360, 2007.
-  G. Song and M. Zefran, “Underactuated Dynamic Three-Dimensional Bipedal Walking,” In Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 854-859, 2006.
-  T. Fukuda, M. Doi, Y. Hasegawa, and H. Kajima, “Fast Motions in Biomechanics And Robotics: Optimization And Feedback Control,” chapter Multi-Locomotion Control of Biped Locomotion and Brachiation Robot, pp. 121-145, Springer-Verlag, 2006.
-  T. Aoyama, Y. Hasegawa, K. Sekiyama, and T. Fukuda, “Stabilizing and Direction Control of Efficient 3-D Biped Walking Based on PDAC,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 712-718, 2009.
-  T. Aoyama, K. Sekiyama, Y. Hasegawa, and T. Fukuda, “PDACbased 3-D Biped Walking Adapted to Rough Terrain Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 37-46, 2012.
-  T. Fukuda, T. Aoyama, Y. Hasegawa, and K. Sekiyama, “Artificial Life Models in Hardware,” chapter Multilocomotion Robot: Novel Concept, Mechanism, and Control of Bio-inspired Robot, pp. 65-86, Springer-Verlag, 2009.
-  R. Smith, “Open Dynamics Engine (ODE),” 2011.
-  K. Hashimoto, Y. Sugahara, H.-O. Lim, and A. Takanishi, “Biped Landing Pattern Modification Method and Walking Experiments in Outdoor Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 775-784, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.