Efficient Formation of Pheromone Potential Field by Filtering Interaction
Piljae Kim and Daisuke Kurabayashi
Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
-  E. Wilson and B. Holldobler, “The ants,” Springer-Verlag, 1990.
-  J. F. A. Traniello, “Foraging strategies of ants,” Annual Review of Entomology, Vol.34, pp. 191-210, 1989.
-  S. Camazine, J.-L. Deneubourg, N. R. Franks, J. Sneyd, G. Theraulaz, and E. Bonabeau, “Self-organization in biological systems,” Princeton University Press, 2001.
-  D. Payton, M. Daily, R. Estowski, M. Howard, and C. Lee, “Pheromone robotics,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.11, pp. 319-324, 2001.
-  M. Mamei and F. Zambonelli, “Pervasive pheromone-based interaction with RFID tags,” ACM Trans. on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 1-28, 2007.
-  Herianto and D. Kurabayashi, “Realization of an artificial pheromone system in random data carriers using RFID tags for autonomous navigation,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2288-2293, 2009.
-  S. Park and S. Hashimoto, “Autonomous mobile robot navigation using passive RFID in indoor environment,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, pp. 2366-2373, 2009.
-  P. Vorst, S. Schneegans, B. Yang, and A. Zell, “Self-localization with RFID snapshots in densely tagged environments,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1353-1358, 2008.
-  R. Johansson and A. Saffiotti, “Navigating by Stigmergy: A realization on an RFID floor for minimalistic robots,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 245-252, 2009.
-  K. Kodaka, H. Niwa, and S. Sugano, “Active localization of a robot on a lattice of RFID tags by using an entropy map,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1193-1199, 2009.
-  M. Dorigo, M. Birattari, and T. Stützle, “Ant colony optimization,” IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, pp. 28-39, 2006.
-  K. Sugawara, T. Kazama, and T. Watanabe, “Foraging behavior of interacting robots with virtual pheromone,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3074-3079, 2004.
-  P. J. Roache, “Fundamentals of computational fluid dynamics,” Hermosa Publishers, 1998.
-  G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, “Matrix computation,” The Johns Hopkins University Press, 3rd edition, 1996.
-  J. Crank and P. Nicolson, “A practical method for numerical evaluation of solutions of partial differential equations of the heat conduction type,” Advances in Computational Mathematics, Vol.6, pp. 207-226, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.