Building of HD MACs Using Cell Processing Robot for Cartilage Regeneration
Takeshi Shimoto*, Koichi Nakayama**, Shuichi Matsuda***,
and Yukihide Iwamoto***
*Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu Sangyo University, 2-3-1 Matsukadai, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 813-8503, Japan
**Faculty of Science and Engineering, Saga University, 1 Honjo-machi, Saga 840-8502, Japan
***Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
-  M. Harimoto, M. Yamato, M. Hirose, C. Takahashi, Y. Isoi, A. Kikuchi, and T. Okano, “Novel approach for achieving doublelayered cell sheets co-culture: overlaying endothelial cell sheets onto monolayer hepatocytes utilizing temperature-responsive culture dishes,” J. Biomedical Materials Res., Vol.62, No.3, pp. 464-470, 2002.
-  M. Nakamura, A. Kobayashi, F. Takagi, A. Watanabe, Y. Hiruma, K. Ohuchi, Y. Iwasaki, M. Horie, I. Morita, and S. Takatani, “Biocompatible inkjet printing technique for designed seeding of individual living cells,” Tissue engineering, Vol.11, No.11-12, pp. 1658-1666, 2005.
-  V. L. Tsang, A. A. Chen, L. M. Cho, K. D. Jadin, R. L. Sah, S. De-Long, J. L. West, and S. N. Bhatia, “Fabrication of 3D hepatic tissues by additive photopatterning of cellular hydrogels,” The FASEB Journal, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 790-801, 2006.
-  A. P. Rago, D. M. Dean, and J. R. Morgan, “Controlling cell position in complex heterotypic 3D microtissues by tissue fusion,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol.102, No.4, pp. 1231-1241, 2009.
-  E. D. Miller, G. W. Fisher, L. E. Weiss, L. M. Walker, and P. G. Campbell, “Dose-dependent cell growth in response to concentration modulated patterns of FGF-2 printed on fibrin,” Biomaterials, Vol.27, No.10, pp. 2213-2221, 2006.
-  C. Norotte, F. S. Marga, L. E. Niklason, and G. Forgace, “Scaffold-Free Vascular Tissue Engineering Using Bioprinting,” Biomaterials, Vol.30, No.30, pp. 5910-5917, 2009.
-  M. Ochi, N. Adachi, H. Nobuto, S. Yanada, Y. Ito, and M. Agung, “Articular cartilage repair using tissue engineering technique – novel approach with minimally invasive procedure,” Artificial Orqans, Vol.28, No.1, pp. 28-32, 2004.
-  E. B. Hunziker, I. M. Driesang, and C. Saager, “Structural barrier principle for growth factor-based articular cartilage repair,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Vol.391, pp. 182-189, 2001.
-  P. Mainil-Varlet, F. Rieser, S. Grogan, W. Mueller, C. Saager, and R. P. Jakob, “Articular cartilage repair using a tissue-engineered cartilage-like implant: an animal study,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, Vol.9, pp. 6-15, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.