Data Communication Support for Reusability of RT-Components – Converter Classification and Prototype Supporting Tool –
Tsuyoshi Suenaga, Kentaro Takemura, Jun Takamatsu,
and Tsukasa Ogasawara
Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
In RT-Middleware, a data-centric communication pipeline between RT-Components called Data Port is designed for improving software reusability. OMG standardization such as the Robotic Localization Service is also promoted. However, the actual I/O specification is different in each developer. In this paper, we first enumerate all connection patterns of possible communication by adjusting protocols. We then propose a supporting tool for flexible data communication. The proposed tool generates source code based on information on the desired conversion. We actually implement the prototype tool of the automatic source code generator and evaluate it.
and Tsukasa Ogasawara, “Data Communication Support for Reusability of RT-Components – Converter Classification and Prototype Supporting Tool –,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.24, No.1, pp. 64-70, 2012.
-  N. Ando et al., “A Software Platform for Component Based RTSystem Development: OpenRTM-Aist,” Simulation, Modeling, and Programming for Autonomous Robots, Vol.5325, pp. 87-98, 2008.
-  K. Mayama, M. Tanaka, Y. Ando, T. Yoshimi, and M. Mizukawa, “Design of Firmware Update System of RT-Middleware for Embedded System,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Instrumentation, Control and Information Technology, SICE Annual Conf. 2010, pp. 2818-2822, 2010.
-  N. Ando, K. Ohara, T. Suzuki, and K. Ohba, “RTC-Lite: Lightweight RT-Component for Distributed Embedded Systems,” SICE J. of Control, Measurement, and System Integration, Vol.2, No.6, 2009.
-  S. Nakaoka, S. Hattori, F. Kanehiro, S. Kajita, and H. Hirukawa, “Constraint-based Dynamics Simulator for Humanoid Robots with Shock Absorbing Mechanisms,” The 2007 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2007.
-  Y. Matsusaka, H. Asoh, I. Hara, and F. Asano, “Specification and Implementation of Open Source Software Suite for Realizing Communication Intelligence,” The 5th Int. Conf. on the Advanced Mechatronics, pp. 510-515, 2010.
-  T. Kotoku and M. Mizukawa, “Robot Middleware and its Standardization in OMG Report on OMG Technical Meetings in St. Louis and Boston,” Proc. of SICE-ICCAS2006, pp. 2028-2031, 2006.
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, and T. Kotoku, “RT(Robot Technology)-Component and its Standardization Towards Component Based Networked Robot Systems Development,” Proc. of SICE-ICCAS2006, pp. 2633-2638, 2006.
-  S. Nishino, “Standard for Robotic Localization,” Workshop Proc. of SIMPAR 2008 Int. Conf. on Simulation, Modeling and Programming for Autonomous Robots, pp. 604-615, 2008.
-  T. Watanabe and Y. Aiyama, “SimuLike: Adapter tool set for data connectibility of RT-Components,” SI2008, 1L4-2, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  M. Shimizu, N. Kita, T. Saito, E. Takeuchi, Y. Nakajima, N. Takegawa, H. Igarashi, Y. Hayashibara, H. Yamato, K. Toda, T. Furuta, and M. Mizukawa, “The Joint Interface of RT Components for Mobile Robots: The Activity Report Inform the Mobile Robot Working Group of the NEDO Intelligent RT Software Project,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 767-776, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.