Distributed Robotics Education
Henrik Hautop Lund and Luigi Pagliarini
Center for Playware, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
-  T. Arai, E. Pagello, and L. E. Parker, “Editorial: Advances in Multi-Robot Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 655-661, 2002.
-  M. Mataric, “Behaviour-based control: Examples from navigation, learning, and group behaviour,” J. of experimental and theoretical artificial intelligence, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 323-336, 1997.
-  T. Fukuda and S. Nakagawa, “A dynamically reconfigurable robotic system (concept of a system and optimal configurations),” Proc. of IECON, pp. 588-595, 1987.
-  T. Arai, H. Ogata, and T. Suzuki, “Collision avoidance among multiple robots using virtual impedance,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 479-485, 1989.
-  H. Asama, A.Matsumoto, and Y. Ishida, “Design of an autonomous and distributed robot system: ACTRESS,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 283-290, 1989.
-  H. H. Lund, J. A. Arendt, J. Fredslund, and L. Pagliarini, “Ola: What Goes Up, Must Fall Down,” J. of Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol.4, No.1, 1999.
-  H. H. Lund and L. Pagliarini, “RoboCup Jr. with LEGO Mindstorms,” Proc. of Int. Conf. On Robotics and Automation (ICRA2000), IEEE Press, NJ, 2000.
-  H. H. Lund, “Intelligent Artefacts,” In Sugisaka and Tanaka (Eds.), Proc. of 8th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, I11-I14, ISAROB, Oita, 2003.
-  H. H. Lund andM. Vesisenaho, “I-Blocks in an African Context,” In Proc. of 9th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, pp. I-7-I-12. ISAROB, Oita, 2004.
-  H. H. Lund and E. Sutinen, “Contextualised ICT4D: a Bottom-Up Approach,” Proc. of 10th Int. Conf. on Applied Computer Science, WSEAS, Japan, 2010.
-  H. H. Lund, M. D. Pedersen, and R. Beck, “Modular Robotic Tiles – Experiments for Children with Autism,” Proc. of 13th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics (AROB’13), ISAROB, Oita, 2008.
-  H. H. Lund, “Modular Robotics for Playful Physiotherapy,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Rehabilitation Robotics, IEEE Press, pp. 571-575, 2009.
-  B. P. Gerkey, R. T. Vaughan, and A. Howard, “The Player/Stage Project: Tools for Multi-Robot and Distributed Sensor Systems,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), pp. 317-323, Coimbra, Portugal, 2003.
-  D. Harel, “Algorithmics,” Addison-Wesley, 1987.
-  A. Silberschatz, J. Peterson, and P. Galvin, “Operating System Concepts,” Addison-Wesley, 1991.
-  J. Piaget and B. Inhelder, “La psychologie de L’enfant,” Paris, P.U.F., 1966.
-  S. Papert, “Mindstorms: Children, Computers, and Powerful Ideas,” Basic Books, New York, 1980.
-  S. Papert, “Constructionism: A New Opportunity for Elementary Science Education,” A proposal to the National Science Foundation, 1986.
-  F. Martin, “Ideal and Real Systems: A Study of Notions of Control in Undergraduates Who Design Robots,” Y. Kafai and M. Resnick (Eds.), Constructionism in Practice: Rethinking the Roles of Technology in Learning, MIT Press, MA, 1984.
-  H. H. Lund, “Robot Soccer in Education,” Advanced Robotics Journal, Vol.13, No.8, pp. 737-752, 1999.
-  G. Lakoff and R. Nunez, “Where Mathematics Comes From,” New York: Basic Books, 2000.
-  R. Nemirovsky, C. Tierney, and T. Wright, “Body motion and graphing,” Cognition and Instruction, Vol.16, pp. 119-172, 1998.
-  A. Manches, C. O’Malley, and S. Benford, “The role of physical representations in solving number problems: A comparison of young children’s use of physical and virtual materials,” Computers & Education, Vol.54, pp. 622-640, 2010.
-  J. J. Gibson, “The Ecological Approach to Visual Perception,” Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1979.
-  J. Zhang, “The Nature of external Representations in Problem Solving,” Cognitive Science, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 179-217, 1997.
-  J. Zhang and D. A. Norman, “Representations in Distributed Cognitive Tasks,” Cognitive Science, Vol.18, pp. 87-122, 1994.
-  H. Ishii and B. Ullmer, “Tangible Bits: Towards Seamless Interfaces between People, Bits and Atoms,” Proc. of CHI: Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 234-41, 1997.
-  D. Rumelhart, and J. McClelland, “Parallel Distributed Processing, Vol.I,” Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1986.
-  A. Derakhshan, F. Hammer, and H. H. Lund, “Adapting Playgrounds for Children’s Play Using Ambient Playware,” Proc. of IEEE Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS’06), IEEE Press, Hong Kong, 2006.
-  H. H. Lund and A. T. Thorsteinsson, “Adaptive Playware in Physical Games,” Proc. of Foundations of Digital Games 2011, ACM, 2011.
-  H. H. Lund and T. Thorsteinsson, “Social Playware for mediating tele-play interaction over distance,” Proc. of 16th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics, ISAROB, Japan, 2011.
-  R. Brooks, “A robust layered control system for a mobile robot,” IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 14-23, 1986.
-  H. H. Lund and P. Marti, “Designing modular robotic playware,” IEEE Int. Workshop Robots Human Interactive Commun, Toyama, Japan, IEEE Press, pp. 115-121, 2009.
-  A. Derakhshan, F. Hammer, H. H. Lund, Y. Demazeau, and L. Pagliarini, “Adapting Playgrounds using Multi-Agent Systems,” Proc. of the Ninth Scandinavian Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (SCAI2006), pp. 151-158, Espoo, Finland, October 25-27, 2006.
-  J. v. Neumann, “The general and logical theory of automata,” in L. A. Jeffress (Ed.), Cerebral Mechanisms in Behavior – The Hixon Symposium, John Wiley & Sons, New York, pp. 1-31, 1951.
-  H. Ishiguro, “Android science: Conscious and subconscious recognition,” Connect. Sci., Vol.18, No.4, pp. 319-332, 2006.
-  D. Sakamoto, T. Kanda, T. Ono, H. Ishiguro, and N. Hagita, “Android as a telecommunication medium with human like presence,” Proc. 2nd ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. Human-Robot Interact, 2007.
-  F. Mueller, A. Agamanolis, and R. Picard, “Exertion Interfaces: Sports over a Distance for Social Bonding and Fun,” Proc. of CHI 2003, ACM, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 561-568, 2003.
-  K. Suzuki and S. Hashimoto, “FeelLight: A Communication Device for Distant Nonverbal Exchange,” Proc. of ETP’04, New York, USA, ACM, 2004.
-  O. Miglino, H. H. Lund, and M. Cardaci, “Robotics as an educational tool,” J. of Interactive Learning Research, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 25-48, 1999.
-  V. Braitenberg, “Vehicles: experiments in synthetic psychology,” MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1984.
-  S. Woodcock, “Game AI the state of industry, Game Developer,” Miller Freeman, 1999.
-  F. L. Lewis, “Neural network control of robot manipulators,” IEEE Expert/Intelligent System & their Applications, Vol.1, No.3, 1996.
-  J. S. Bruner et al., “Studies in Cognitive Growth,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1966.
-  L. S. Vygotsky, “Thought and language,” Cambridge; MIT Press, 1986.
-  A. Clark, “Being There: Putting Brain, Body and World Together Again,” Cambridge, Mass., Bradford/MIT Press, 1997.
-  E. H. Ostergaard, K. Kassow, R. Beck, and H. H. Lund, “Design of the ATRON lattice-based self-reconfigurable robot,” Autonomous Robots, Vol 21, No.2, pp. 165-183, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.